Wow, used gear sales have come to a screeching halt....

I've been wanting to buy a Les Paul.
My local Craigs List sucks for gear.
Cheap crap.

I always check out/watch Guitar Center used.
42 pages of "Gibson" branded LP's, not counting Epiphone.
Most are price dropped.

Total political implications with this statement: our country is a fucking dumpster fire ran by a dementia patient and his special needs administration.
IMG_8570.png

Gear prices are coming down finally but nothing is moving really. I think people are hurting for money more universally than we are really aware of. Just barely getting by and don't have the disposable income to buy gear (or as much of it).

Supposedly we have a very healthy economy according to traditional metrics. But cost of living is still dog shit, interest rates on houses are dog shit, and people I know are struggling despite the supposedly thriving economy. Here, houses that would've sold 2 years ago instantly over asking price have been sitting for months with 0 offers--even when they are knocking off thousands of dollars. Money be tight.

Been unemployed for a minute but have decent savings. The supposed job market of “there’s a job for someone who wants one” is a crock of shit. Sure if you want to make less than $20 an hour. I’m a year or two from official AARP membership, not a virgin trying to get it wet at the prom. The interview process for basic, mid level jobs with not great pay, is like trying to get a job in a classified facility. Huge amount of ghost jobs out there that are vapor. It’s ridiculous.

The only thing positive I have going on is the market has been strong for a while.

Back