Wow, used gear sales have come to a screeching halt....

I've got about 6 guitars that I wan to sell but I'm not even going to bother listing them for a while, I don't want them to just sit and then start with the lowball offers :(
I have been watching a Mesa Roadster combo for a while local to me, if it comes down a bit more I may lose control and go for it LOL!

Shit is nuts out there. I was just in Vegas for a week. $18 for a bottled water at my hotel. Went to the Scorpions show, 42 fucking dollars for 2 drinks! Went to Guy Fieris restaurant which is basically a burger joint, nothing fancy. 2 beers and nachos was $65. No wonder nobody is buying gear.

The rare vintage stuff still seems to be holding pretty good, but everything else is definitely stalling a bit.
That's okay, because all the old geezers still snapping up the rare vintage stuff still trying to emulate dead guitarists will die soon and I will be there to snap it all up for pennies on the dollar! Everything the light touches will be my kingdom ahahahhahah!

Shit is nuts out there. I was just in Vegas for a week. $18 for a bottled water at my hotel. Went to the Scorpions show, 42 fucking dollars for 2 drinks! Went to Guy Fieris restaurant which is basically a burger joint, nothing fancy. 2 beers and nachos was $65. No wonder nobody is buying gear.
Those trash can nachos are just that...TRASH! LOL Especially for the price, didn't ya think?

I've had some stuff up for sale for over a month at great prices and no bites whatsoever. Even the people with money aren't spending it. Might as well hang on to it I guess.

I've been wanting to buy a Les Paul.
My local Craigs List sucks for gear.
Cheap crap.

I always check out/watch Guitar Center used.
42 pages of "Gibson" branded LP's, not counting Epiphone.
Most are price dropped.
I'm selling a killer LP, hit me up! Lol

Total political implications with this statement: our country is a fucking dumpster fire ran by a dementia patient and his special needs administration.
Gear prices are coming down finally but nothing is moving really. I think people are hurting for money more universally than we are really aware of. Just barely getting by and don't have the disposable income to buy gear (or as much of it).

Supposedly we have a very healthy economy according to traditional metrics. But cost of living is still dog shit, interest rates on houses are dog shit, and people I know are struggling despite the supposedly thriving economy. Here, houses that would've sold 2 years ago instantly over asking price have been sitting for months with 0 offers--even when they are knocking off thousands of dollars. Money be tight.
Worded perfectly

I've bought a bunch of amps I've wanted to try out cheap over the last year...but I rarely sell anything. I had Juggernaut list an Egnator Armageddon and a Revv generator on Facebook and all I got was trade offers for mini amps. I'm a big mofo, I don't need a snack pack amp if I have the real deal stashed away....somewhere.

We all need to think how many amps and guitars we need . When I started out I had 2 electrics and 1 acoustic. There were very few amp choices. Now we all need 20 guitars and 20 amps and the fire is just fueled by the sheer number of manufacturers that are cranking shit out non stop.

Yep, Covid-Flation hasn't stopped unfortunately. Trump shut the country down, not saying it was right/wrong, but that led to
1. No new homes.
2. Very few, if any, new cars.

So, supply+demand dictates pricing, Econ 101....existing homes for sale were gone in days....so many buyers, the sellers would take the highest bidder and run away laughing. Thus began the huge price increase. Same thing with new cars....dealers were charging 50% more in many cases...used clean cars started going for what they cost new! Crazy.

The 2 most expensive things Americans buy, almost doubled in price due to no new supply, yet the same demand......
That was back in 2020, before the election...and they haven't been able to reverse it. Unfortunately.

That was back in 2020, before the election...and they haven't been able to reverse it. Unfortunately.
Eventually it will when people stop buying as everyone is now seeing in the gear market. Things will come down.

I mean I have a very nice home but it's value shop up to stupid level because of what happened. It's just going to take some time for things to get back to normal and regardless of politics this isn't an overnight fix.

Eventually it will when people stop buying as everyone is now seeing in the gear market. It will come down.

I mean I have a very nice home but it's value shop up to stupid level. It's just going to take some time for things to get out of whack and regardless of politics this isn't an overnight fix.
Agreed. The only way this wouldn't have happened, is if we froze prices. Which is impossible to do in a free market economy. Only if we were a communist society could that actually happen.

don't worry guys... I've been informed that all this inflation is transitory.. we should be good soon
Not only was that comment laughably wrong but, inflation has just begun.

You think prices are high now? Just wait a couple years, you are going to wish an apple was $7.

Back