WTB: Bogner 3534

sahlomonic

Edit: Looking for a 3534. Kansas City area. Would also consider a 101b (wheat grill only) if someone is selling around $2500 max.

Last edited:
There was one on Craigslist San Francisco for a fair price as recent as a couple days ago. Just thought I would mention it.

I haven’t seen a 101b pre-2004 lower than 2500 lately - demand and covid pushed them continually higher. After taxes and shipping to get a 1998 mercury magnetic iron 101B this year it was closer to 2500 to 2700 to get it to my door with current taxation, shipping, etc. through eBay/reverb. You could get your price range on other mediums locally possibly.

I will say this much - the 101B is by far the most Swiss Army knife amp I’ve ever played or owned. It’s not a set and forget amp and takes pedals well on every channel. It’s also loud as fuck. Id say it’s easily on par with my 74 Marshall that has 6550’s.

I personally recommend holding out for a 101B. The smaller amps will do great at bedroom levels but you’ll find there’s no contest opening them up through a 4x12.

I think with current market value, the 3534 is what I'll be after. I know the 101b is worth it's price these days, but it's well over what I'm comfortable paying. Should have snagged one pre-Covid, but live and learn. Since I'm not gigging for the time being I'm not concerned with 100w of power. Plus I have a buddy locally with a 101b I can likely borrow if I need to scratch that itch.

Appreciate the input, fellas.

I think with current market value, the 3534 is what I'll be after. I know the 101b is worth it's price these days, but it's well over what I'm comfortable paying. Should have snagged one pre-Covid, but live and learn. Since I'm not gigging for the time being I'm not concerned with 100w of power. Plus I have a buddy locally with a 101b I can likely borrow if I need to scratch that itch.

Appreciate the input, fellas.
I've had two different 101b's and a Classic. I currently have a 3534. The 3534 is truly a mini Ecstasy with a better green channel than any 101 or Classic that came before it. The red channel might be the gainiest thing Bogner has ever done. Bottom line is the 3534 is a fantastic amp, the only compromise is power, and if that's an issue in a club or loud band just use the line out. Biggest bonus for me is the footprint - the head is little and is nowhere near the 80 lb beast the full size 101 is...awesome little amp.

I've had two different 101b's and a Classic. I currently have a 3534. The 3534 is truly a mini Ecstasy with a better green channel than any 101 or Classic that came before it. The red channel might be the gainiest thing Bogner has ever done. Bottom line is the 3534 is a fantastic amp, the only compromise is power, and if that's an issue in a club or loud band just use the line out. Biggest bonus for me is the footprint - the head is little and is nowhere near the 80 lb beast the full size 101 is...awesome little amp.

i agree with everything said here, only thing I will add is about the volume, I run mine into a
2x12 cab at practice unmiced and I never have any trouble getting heard amongst a 5 piece band, and my drummer is the loudest I’ve ever heard. I do have to push it a bit but it’s never full blast so if you do need it for gigging or loud practice spots it will still hold up, 3534 is an awesome little amp, only wish I bought it sooner.

Just saw a 3534 on the Roadhouse Vintage site for $1799.
Not affiliated...I was just browsing for something else and saw it.

I also own a 3534 and it's pretty cool. I actually prefer the red channel on this model...and the clean channel is better than the 101B too.
Blue channel with boost engaged on the 101B is pretty amazing though.
Functionally, the 3534 is hard to beat. Haven't had the chance to gig with it yet, but seems like it'll be really convenient.

Back