YJM live in 81' at 17 years old

I've always liked young Yngwie over older Yngwie. He was just ripping all over the Alcatrazz gigs!

Man. That is just insane. I wonder if anybody in that little audience realized what they were witnessing? You walk into a little club with some young band it's a complete game changer. Wow.

He was so good at such a young age and his tone was incredible. :rock:

Great find, Interesting on the one called Coming Bach,he had the riff from the tune Rising Force laying around so long before he ended up using it on Odyssey. I've never seen any of this footage from before he left Sweden before, with the late, one time band member Marcel Jacob on bass and Vocals.

Here's another from the same year of him playing Rainbow's Spotlight Kid (where he does actually playing Coming Bach at the start of it).

As mentioned, the early YJM was full of fire, the whole Alcatrazz Live Sentence has some of the best fills and attitude all over it that you are going to find.

That live Alcatrazz album was awesome, love the version of Evil Eye and his playing Bouree in E minor during his solo spot.

Wow... Some pretty nice soloing there, though clearly the solos have priority over the song as a whole. I like how they have more cabs on stage than there are people in the audience! :D

MrDan666":2pucstl6 said:
psychodave":2pucstl6 said:
Yngwie is AWESOME :rock:

:rawk:
+3 :yes: :yes:
I saw him with Alcatrazz, we had only heard a few things from him before seeing him on that tour. I loved that album
I knew everything was about to change after that night. By the time I saw him on "marching out", He was the absolute reighning king of the guitar world. He did "Far Beyond the Sun" and I had tears in my eyes. I had never seen anything like that, and I had seen almost everyone there was to see at that point, aside from Uli
He changed everything :rawk: :rawk:

I first saw Yngwie just before the release of Marching out in a small venue in Detroit, St. Andrews Hall. He blew the roof off the place and was excellent live.

I just downloaded Kree Nakoire from Live Sentence from iTunes. I have thta album on vinyl and havent hear it is ages...great stuff.

Shawn Lutz":3hxac77k said:
I first saw Yngwie just before the release of Marching out in a small venue in Detroit, St. Andrews Hall. He blew the roof off the place and was excellent live.

I just downloaded Kree Nakoire from Live Sentence from iTunes. I have thta album on vinyl and havent hear it is ages...great stuff.

me too. Shawn, have you heard Alcatrazz Live at the Country Club in L.A.? Its not an official release but you can find it on ebay a lot. Pro Soundboard recording and smoking! I have had this old video footage from 81' and some in 82' for about 15 years also some where's he's reheasring Rising Force songs with a drummer in what seems like a basement in Stockholm. Apparently someone let the cat out and started posting them on Youtube recently. Last time this happened Malmsteen's Management asked them too be removed , so thought i would share in case it does get removed. :LOL: :LOL: I missed the 85' tour, but saw the trilogy tour which was kick ass.

Anthony

70strathead":uk9is7d9 said:
Shawn Lutz":uk9is7d9 said:

me too. Shawn, have you heard Alcatrazz Live at the Country Club in L.A.? Its not an official release but you can find it on ebay a lot. Pro Soundboard recording and smoking! I have had this old video footage from 81' and some in 82' for about 15 years also some where's he's reheasring Rising Force songs with a drummer in what seems like a basement in Stockholm. Apparently someone let the cat out and started posting them on Youtube recently. Last time this happened Malmsteen's Management asked them too be removed , so thought i would share in case it does get removed. :LOL: :LOL: I missed the 85' tour, but saw the trilogy tour which was kick ass.

Anthony

Anthony, I didnt but on iTunes they had Alcatrazz Live from Hollywood, thnik maybe that is the same one?

They were actually playing live version of Evil Eye on Detroit radio. Both of my sisters were telling me I would like it but I never heard it. They couldn't remember the name but said it had no words and was all guitar lol. I didn't know who it was so I asked a bass player who was into the whole European Imports and he said it was Alcatrazz (same guy turned me ont Loudness). I went out and bought the Live Sentence album shortly after that, wore that sucker out. Then I saw the solos all on those cassette tapes Rock Performance Guitar Method songs where they teach you the solos and had a few tracks of Yngwe. I was into Rhoads and VH at the time and started learning Hiroshoma, Jet to Jet, Kree Nakoorie. I painfully tabbed then all out from verbal instruction and started learning them...man was my technique in for a suprise lol. When Rishing Force came out I was completley hooked on Yngeiw and wanting to play like that. I really only got into the 2 albums althought I liked some on Triology I still only listen to the first two.

I later got his earlier album with Steeler but hated it other than the solos :)

Back