Yngwie WTF!

Just cant get into the guy.
Sounds like a pinball machine.
Seen him twice live. Own a couple of his albums. Its just like a BLUR of notes.
To each their own though. Most people probably cant stand what I listen to. :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":9i4ybyk6 said:
To each their own though. Most people probably cant stand what I listen to. :LOL: :LOL:

I'm a huge fan of Yngwie up until around the Attack! album era. These days he does so much "deedle, deedle, deedle" type of noodling that it does cause ear fatigue pretty quickly. There are several moments in some of his recent albums like Perpetual Flame, Relentless, and Spellbound that are quite musical and brilliant, but it's like he's just too comfortable with the up an down shredding thing that the rest of it's boring. Rising Force will forever be one of the greatest guitar albums ever, ever made. That album alone was enough to make Yngwie a guitar god. I still love listening to that album these days.

That really sucked!! Man, I've been a huge Yngwie fan since high school but he is just a disaster. That song was way too fast compared to the original and it was like watching a band at a fair or something.

SavageRiffer":17plds18 said:
Mailman1971":17plds18 said:

I'm a huge fan of Yngwie up until around the Attack! album era. These days he does so much "deedle, deedle, deedle" type of noodling that it does cause ear fatigue pretty quickly. There are several moments in some of his recent albums like Perpetual Flame, Relentless, and Spellbound that are quite musical and brilliant, but it's like he's just too comfortable with the up an down shredding thing that the rest of it's boring. Rising Force will forever be one of the greatest guitar albums ever, ever made. That album alone was enough to make Yngwie a guitar god. I still love listening to that album these days.
Yes I got rising force as well. Saw him on that tour. Just lost interest in him after that. Guy is talented I can say that.
His theatrics I can do without. ;)

I've seen him quite a few times and hes never sounded like that. Me thinks perhaps he was intoxicated just a wee bit.

I think new Yngwie is hilarious. He looks like a caricature of his former self. It's like he got way fatter and kept wearing the same sized clothes. I am willing to give Yngwie respect for his playing, innovations and how many crazy talented guys he's influenced but he is just such a phenomenal jerk off.

The band is jammed in the corner. Why not just put them behind the stacks? :LOL: :LOL:
He’s so past him prime, his timing seems to be on page with Lars’. Very unmusical.

That looks like a SNL skit. When you have more amp stacks than people in the crowd, it’s time to go home forever. Oh yeah, it sounded horrible to boot.

I made it to 1:19, hoping something would change.

Hope left the building. :LOL: :LOL:

It’s a shame; that’s actually a really good song.

romanianreaper":1ok1egr9 said:
That really sucked!! Man, I've been a huge Yngwie fan since high school but he is just a disaster. That song was way too fast compared to the original and it was like watching a band at a fair or something.

As a dude whose bands play at fairs, I concur. It really did.

What would be the reason they would play the last song so damn fast??

Does he actually use his Marshall sig amp?

It's a new world when some jackass is there to post a video every time you have a bad night..

Back