Your favorite cover to play ?

Used to enjoy playing Rebel Yell myself, back when it was current.

My band doesn't play covers live these days, but sometimes I jam with friends.
We'll pick a handful of tunes, learn them on our own separately and then do them together the day we meet.
One time last year we chose some 70s King Crimson tunes.

One More Red Nightmare and Red both were a blast to play. Some of my favorite Bruford work in there and our drummer nailed 'em.

Saw the Stick Men play Larks Tongues In Aspic Pt II last October and I'd love to try that this fall.
But I admit that (for me) it'd be a fair amount of work learning it just for a casual one-time jam.

The day it came out I learned it, well, started learning it - Master of Puppets.

To this day, it's still is the best test for my right hand/wrist/arm. We used to start our shows with it, to the drummer's detriment.

The day it came out I learned it, well, started learning it - Master of Puppets.

To this day, it's still is the best test for my right hand/wrist/arm. We used to start our shows with it, to the drummer's detriment.
I agree it’s the my down stroke test , then Angel of Death is my alternate picking exercise : the Dittohead because is the pure thrash song ever lol

Pretty much anything by The Wildhearts; especially Rooting for the Bad Guy

It has one of my favorite solos ever and is just a banger overall

I've actually been thinking about putting a WH tribute band together solely because their shit is so fun to play lol

Rock Bottom and Beatin Around the Bush are my go to “test riffs”, but Holy Wars is probably my favorite song to play

I play metal, thrash, alt rock, etc...

But lately I've been on a Robin Trower phase:

Little bit of Bridge of Sighs and Too rolling stoned...

Reactions: Geo
Back