Zakk Wylde's simple rig advice doubles as marriage advice

I agree to a certain extent, but it's a balancing act and a razor's edge. Simple is good when simple can get the job done. What about when it CAN'T though?

The nicer your amp is, the less auxiliary pieces you're going to need to make it do what you need it to. If it has enough headroom, or a nice loop, you don't need a power station. If it is a really nice channel switcher, you only need 1-2 drives instead of 4-5 like some guys have. If it has spring reverb, that's one less thing on your board.

The nicer the delay pedal is, the less auxiliary pieces you're going to need to make it do what you need it to. Do you need a tap tempo? how about multiple settings to emulate tape, drum, digital? My strymon volante literally replaced 4 pedals in my rig, so in that case simple was better.

Some people would say my rigs are elaborate, but theyre honestly pretty simple, just big.

I would say certain tones are "Wrong" though, like for real if I hear another djent kiesel/strandberg dude making mario sounds with a low gain 5150 tone i'm probably going to go postal.

Zakk-Wylde-Metaltronix.jpg

WAH ---- ?

I would say certain tones are "Wrong" though, like for real if I hear another djent kiesel/strandberg dude making mario sounds with a low gain 5150 tone i'm probably going to go postal.
God damn, I haven't said this Out loud but I've thought it a lot. I'm kind of a Neanderthal though when it comes to music. My favorite songs aren't extremely hard to play. Give me old Misfits, Dead Kennedys etc over a 10 minute epic polymeter prog master piece or whatever djent dub step wanna be bullshit.

lol ---- those Schecter made guitars of his are god awful.
In that video he looks like a cancer patient. Hope thats not the case.

Back