Vinnie Paul RIP

mchn13":27vb8sj0 said:
Shit. Their poor parents. I can’t imagine. Goddamn it.

Mom went first. Darrell was devistated,as was Vince. Darrell is buried next to her. Only two plots there. Wondering where vince will be buried.

Never thought the Eld'n would outlive both his boys.

Vince was the engineer for all the early Rotting Corpse demos done at Pantego sound. Man,we irritated him like a motherfucker.

So cheers to Vince Abbott!
They called you Vinny Paul/brick wall for good reason.
You were fucking solid,man.

I started off today laying one of my friends to rest. About 10 days ago, he literally took a bullet to save a 14 yr old girl, his step-granddaughter of just two weeks. She lived, he did not. So, 12 days later, not even 4 weeks after he was married, we said our goodbyes in the same reception hall.

Now this... truly sad day. I honestly think that if it wasn't for Pantera, metal might have died out instead of making a comeback. They carried the torch.

I was lucky enough to see all three bands, Pantera in '91, Damage Plan in '04, and HellYeah in '14. Rest in peace, Vinnie. You and Dime are going to make heaven a MUCH louder place. God bless you both.

rottingcorpse":1aeot1br said:
mchn13":1aeot1br said:
Shit. Their poor parents. I can’t imagine. Goddamn it.

Mom went first. Darrell was devistated,as was Vince. Darrell is buried next to her. Only two plots there. Wondering where vince will be buried.

Never thought the Eld'n would outlive both his boys.

Vince was the engineer for all the early Rotting Corpse demos done at Pantego sound. Man,we irritated him like a motherfucker.

So cheers to Vince Abbott!
They called you Vinny Paul/brick wall for good reason.
You were fucking solid,man.

Can’t imagine outliving either of my kids.. just left a benefit for a friend who died last year, and this is straight heartbreaking. RIP Vince!

I was just listening to that new Pantera Live at Dynamo 98 too that was released this morning.

I’m sure it will come out, but I am wondering what happened?

Back