Youtube guitarists asking for cash via patreon, opinions??

danyeo":qnjj9ktl said:
Rock Bodom":qnjj9ktl said:
The only guitar thing I've ever learned from YouTube is when Jake E lee showed how he actually plays Bark at the Moon. And he didn't even ask me for money.

You should check out some of Rick Grahams videos.
I'm still working my way through my VHS copies of Paul Gilbert's Intense Rock, but when I've got that down I'll check those out next.

napalmdeath":oxtabryf said:
Sure, Guthrie can do it, but he's too spastic.

Sorry. Got off topic a bit.
Yep, you were a bit of a spaz. You get a pass for prising that word from the white-knuckled grip of the snowflake millennial trans WTFTA - whatever the fuck they are.
Have a Patreon for your efforts WTFTA.

Rock Bodom":1ujxlonj said:
The only guitar thing I've ever learned from YouTube is when Jake E lee showed how he actually plays Bark at the Moon. And he didn't even ask me for money.
And he probably needs it!

Never hurts to ask. If a musician can make more doing vids, or at least bolster income by it, why wouldn't they?

Frankly I'm waiting for acts to just start streaming rehearsals or jams on Twitch. They'll likely find that after everything is factored in, it's more lucrative than playing live.

And that would truly be a sad day... Isn't the point of performing live the interaction with the audience, the connections made between the artist and the listener? Putting an electronic barrier between that isn't going to make it better. Something always gets lost in translation. Besides, if I just wanted to listen to music, why would I want to pay again when I could just listen to the recordings I already purchased?

Just my opinion...

Back