Illinois Rig-Talk Ampfest Info!

:|::QBB:
CaseyCor":e160e said:
Thats what I thought. What about the weekend of the 20th or the 27th?

Those should both be ok for me. You might want to call Superior Street to make sure the rooms are open just in case, and to get the price. I can't remember what it is exactly, but it came out to about $18/person last year, and that was with at least twelve people and two rooms.

Dont want to read all the pages...When and where?

I would be bringing the Egnater line and possibly a HK tri amp and a Custom Audio CAA 100 Classic +

Jeff

tubesteakfortone":84381 said:
Dont want to read all the pages...When and where?

I would be bringing the Egnater line and possibly a HK tri amp and a Custom Audio CAA 100 Classic +

Jeff
Well, the problem is, we've lost both our location and our time. We are thinking about renting out some rehersal rooms at Superior Street. I want to have it as soon as possible.

Alright everyone, we need to get a date solidified ASAP. I want to make the call and get some rooms booked.

Question: Do we need 2 rooms, or just 1? We could get Room A and Room B at Superior Street. We could use Room A to hang out and jam (theres a PA and a drum set) and we can use Room B for specific rigs.

EDIT: Room D at Superior Street is completly barren. Would that be better?

I would opt for the second room for really demoing amps! BTW for a dork where is Superior Street....I will be coming from Northern Michgan if I come!

tubesteakfortone":b8fb3 said:
I would opt for the second room for really demoing amps! BTW for a dork where is Superior Street....I will be coming from Northern Michgan if I come!
Chicago, IL. Heres a link for ya.

http://www.superiorst.com/rehearsals.php

We'd love to have you there! I'd like to try an Egnater big time, and those TriAmps have always sparked my curiosity.

CaseyCor":d9f4d said:
:|::QBB:Well, the problem is, we've lost both our location and our time. We are thinking about renting out some rehersal rooms at Superior Street. I want to have it as soon as possible.

Alright everyone, we need to get a date solidified ASAP. I want to make the call and get some rooms booked.

Question: Do we need 2 rooms, or just 1? We could get Room A and Room B at Superior Street. We could use Room A to hang out and jam (theres a PA and a drum set) and we can use Room B for specific rigs.

EDIT: Room D at Superior Street is completly barren. Would that be better?

One of the rooms we had didn't have a drum set, the other did. They both had a couple Marshalls and 4x12s. I don't know how big Room D is since we didn't have that one (I don't think so anyway). The room with the drums was a bit bigger than the other room we had (they were directly across the hall from each other.

There's a room outside them both with a fridge for beer, and there's a lounge right outside as well to sit and chill. We probably spent as much time shooting the breeze and looking at PlayBoyChris's collection of smut than we did demoing amps :D

CaseyCor":8a82f said:
OK, so lets say Room A and Room D then?

That'd probably work. Basically we had the two rehearsal rooms that are directly across from each other. I can't remember if it's A & D, but it sorta sounds right.

just tell me the time and the place, i'll bring my jcm 900, beat up Randall cab, dunno if we'll need my lead 900 1960, but i could bring that too. I'll have my rack with my ADA and all my processors, my Ground Control, and a few axes....anything else?

ohhh...beer.

Glad to have you aboard Ultron.

Everyone, lets get a date finalized. I'm good for next weekend and the weekend after. Is this good for everyone else?

CaseyCor":435ac said:
Glad to have you aboard Ultron.

Everyone, lets get a date finalized. I'm good for next weekend and the weekend after. Is this good for everyone else?

Actually, the rest of April is no good for me.......How's May looking?

Ultron":0adad said:

Actually, the rest of April is no good for me.......How's May looking?

Well, if we do May there are a couple weekends that would be bad. I'm having my wisdom teeth removed the weekend around the 18th, so I'll be pretty wasted. There's also a server rebuild weekend in there somewhere, but it could be in June, I'm not completely sure. I'll have to look at my schedule. I'll only be working for five hours one day that weekend, though, so I could probably work around it.

Oh, and regarding the whores: the "if you bring candy for your self, you have to share with everyone" rule from grade-school still applies :D

Edit: How's that "Cremerized" Kamikaze working out? :)

ZielGuitarist":89ab9 said:
just tell me the time and the place, i'll bring my jcm 900, beat up Randall cab, dunno if we'll need my lead 900 1960, but i could bring that too. I'll have my rack with my ADA and all my processors, my Ground Control, and a few axes....anything else?

ohhh...beer.

It might save you hauling some stuff, but I'm almost positive that one of the furnished rooms has a JCM 900.

I'd still be down for this too but May would probably be better for me as well. I've got tons of shite to take care of within the next month and I'd like to enjoy myself all day like last time rather than cut myself short.

Back