NAD & NCD

angelspade

Found this locally. Dead mint, like new condition. 2005 Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead Limited Edition in Jubilee Silver / Black color scheme complete with 70's style large check Silver / Grey Weave Grill Cloth. Just getting to know the amp a little today, definitely has that signature ripping upper-mid "Balls To The Wall" Marshall thing happening. More available gain and maybe a bit thicker than the JCM 800 I once owned. Surprisingly good clean channel, and I actually like how the Deep switch thickens up the feel of the amp. Definitely want to try this one with a boost pedal as well. More detailed review after I get to know the amp a bit more.

20240517_102753~3.jpg
1000011963.jpg
1000011962.jpg

Last edited:
Ha man I love the look. Never seen one of those. Kinda want one. How much did this run you (if I may ask)?
I paid over market for the standard JCM 2000 half stack...I have a thing for limited edition items, and I love black and grey color schemes. Long answer...But under 2K for the set.

Congrats!

I vaguely remember they did an anniversary DSL model; maybe that's it?

I think they may have been a limited run for CME or one of those huge stores back in the day? I do remember seeing one of these for sale locally a long time ago and I think that was the story

I think they may have been a limited run for CME or one of those huge stores back in the day? I do remember seeing one of these for sale locally a long time ago and I think that was the story
Yeah, so I did some deep dive research on this thing. I can't say for certain if it was a dealer exclusive option (like Musician's Friend used to do...And Sweetwater currently does}. but I did find out that the head and slant cab were limited to 200 pieces and the bottom straight cam was limited to 50. It was offered new at a street price of $2,350 in late 2005. It was also advertised and marketed under a few different "names" such as: "40th Anniversary Silver Edition", "limited Edition Silver" and "Jubilee Silver Edition". Apparently this run sounded great, and had the dreaded bias drift issue already corrected. In regards to value, it's all over the place. I found one halfstack that was once listed on Reverb at $2,200 a long time ago on the low end...And over $5,000 more recently on the high end. I have no idea what the halfstack it's actually worth, but at $1,800 and a 45 minute drive...I'm happy with the purchase, and feel I got a better than fair deal especially considering the condition.

Last edited:
Back