I have been GAS free for 6 months.

vultures

I'm a recovering gear alcoholic. I've had tons of ridiculous amps and absolutely nutty guitars (as well as some really shitty "custom" order ones). I've been repairing guitars now for about a decade. I've been through thousands of repairs and set ups. I've worked for a company as the head luthier for several years. I can say without a doubt The Aristides guitars are the finest crafted instruments I've ever played. I received the left 060 in November and the right 060 shortly after. I never have to worry about neck warp. I never have to worry about fret sprout. I never have to worry about fretboard cracking. I never have to worry about high frets, poorly leveled frets or frets that aren't highly polished.. Something I've had huge struggles regarding my last few "custom" guitars. I never have to fix or work on these guitars for the rest of my life, they just plug in and absolutely fucking rip.

The Quad Cortex? I've captured all my amps and it sounds great. I have presets that let me swap between a IIC+ high gain, Vox clean and Acoustic Sim on the fly. Going from a heavy W/D/W JP2C rack with tons of effects and weighs 200lbs to this, which weighs 10lbs? is amazing.

Just wanted to let you guys know.. YOU CAN BE CURED OF GAS TOO. YOU ARE NOT POWERLESS TO THE WHIMS OF GAS. YOU CAN FIND YOUR PERFECT GEAR. :D

Left Aristides 060: Arium body/neck, Richlite board, Hipshot bridge, Bare Knuckle Ragnarok/Cobra
Right Aristides 060: Arium body/neck, Richlite board, Evertune bridge, Bare Knuckle Ragnarok/Cobra

PXL_20240518_221940201.jpg

PXL_20240518_222245334.jpg

PXL_20240518_222232544.jpg

Custom instruments like this should have detailed neck profile options IMO. Other than “a bit thicker than our other models” I don’t see any measurements/specs?

Custom instruments like this should have detailed neck profile options IMO. Other than “a bit thicker than our other models” I don’t see any measurements/specs?

It's about 19mm at the first fret, 20mm at the 12th fret and a contour of about 22-25mm thick at the 24th fret. It's a thin/flat C profile. I love old school Ibanez RGs and JEMs and this is super comfortable for me. The upper fret access on these are unparalleled, really comfortable and easy to grab when there isn't a huge neck joint in the way.

I'm a recovering gear alcoholic. I've had tons of ridiculous amps and absolutely nutty guitars (as well as some really shitty "custom" order ones). I've been repairing guitars now for about a decade. I've been through thousands of repairs and set ups. I've worked for a company as the head luthier for several years. I can say without a doubt The Aristides guitars are the finest crafted instruments I've ever played. I received the left 060 in November and the right 060 shortly after. I never have to worry about neck warp. I never have to worry about fret sprout. I never have to worry about fretboard cracking. I never have to worry about high frets, poorly leveled frets or frets that aren't highly polished.. Something I've had huge struggles regarding my last few "custom" guitars. I never have to fix or work on these guitars for the rest of my life, they just plug in and absolutely fucking rip.

The Quad Cortex? I've captured all my amps and it sounds great. I have presets that let me swap between a IIC+ high gain, Vox clean and Acoustic Sim on the fly. Going from a heavy W/D/W JP2C rack with tons of effects and weighs 200lbs to this, which weighs 10lbs? is amazing.

Just wanted to let you guys know.. YOU CAN BE CURED OF GAS TOO. YOU ARE NOT POWERLESS TO THE WHIMS OF GAS. YOU CAN FIND YOUR PERFECT GEAR. :D

Left Aristides 060: Arium body/neck, Richlite board, Hipshot bridge, Bare Knuckle Ragnarok/Cobra
Right Aristides 060: Arium body/neck, Richlite board, Evertune bridge, Bare Knuckle Ragnarok/Cobra

View attachment 312087

View attachment 312090

View attachment 312093
Dude. Im selling so much stuff to get an aristides right now. I could use that cure hahahahaha.

I'm working on being GAS free. Got my guitars, basses, tube amps, software rig, should be set soon. Waiting for my custom Ceriatone Vox AC-100 build to be completed and shipped.

Now keyboards, that's another story. Organs, workstations, arrangers, digital synths, analogy synths, semi-modular synths, modular synths...

The more I keep buying the more they release. The day I purchased my Arturia MatrixBrute, they released their new PolyBrute 12...

Keyboards:

somebody-stop-me.gif

Well Done!! GAS is hard to keep at bay.

I love the Quad Cortex as your centerpiece. Love my Quad Cortex.
Capture or Die!

One small thing I might mention is: I tried the PowerStage,
but ended up getting the KSR PA50, as the PA50 makes the QC sound really organic.
Not trying to ruin your Zen. Just wanted to mention it to a fellow QC user.

It's about 19mm at the first fret, 20mm at the 12th fret and a contour of about 22-25mm thick at the 24th fret. It's a thin/flat C profile. I love old school Ibanez RGs and JEMs and this is super comfortable for me. The upper fret access on these are unparalleled, really comfortable and easy to grab when there isn't a huge neck joint in the way.
That is a pretty skinny neck—glad you found something that works for you (y)

I’m sorry but there’s no way a QC will capture and replicate what two slaved 100W plexis running my mark III preamp in stereo through two 4x12s. There’s no way it captures my pcm81 or SPX for effects in stereo on top of that, either.

I’m mostly gas free and haven’t bought anything new since my mark iii coliseum. I’m sure the QC sounds great for recording or practicing but there’s no way it’s replacing my rig.

Back