Musicians and Bands that Went Under the Knife

NowYou'rePlayingWithPower

I'm sure most of us probably agree that most should have stopped after their third album, but what about when they undergo complete changes and transition into something else? Who are y'all familiar with that can cause a good laugh ...or cry? A few off the top of my head would be Mr. Leprechaun Douche himself, as well as my beloved Robert Van Winkle.

From this:

to this:

or this:

to this:

Not like it's a huge drastic change since they were always a more "radio friendly" Melodic Heavy Metal band, but a lot of people are surprised that Europe's first two albums are much more metallic-sounding than The Final Countdown, which John Norum famously left the band over.
If you go back to their early demos they were basically just playing what most NWOBHM bands were playing, just they were in Sweden not Great Britain. Lots of UFO influence here for sure.

Pantera (got better)
Yeah,, I'd say they got much better after these albums

1717194790138.png

First thing that came to mind was TSOL. Listen to Dance with me and then Hell on Earth…yikes.
Celtic Frost also had a mid/late 80’s crisis of identity.
COC went from skate/punk/hardcore to putting out Blind. (Liked that change)

Dance with me kicks ass. TSOL really did go downhill.

All Celtic Frost kicks ass even cold lake imo

I didn't like any COC so blind was more bad 🤷

I'm sure most of us probably agree that most should have stopped after their third album, but what about when they undergo complete changes and transition into something else? Who are y'all familiar with that can cause a good laugh ...or cry? A few off the top of my head would be Mr. Leprechaun Douche himself, as well as my beloved Robert Van Winkle.

From this:

to this:

That Ministry is god-awful....it's on-par with this other steaming pile from their more recent crap :

Back