Suhr at Sweetwater

Nice guitars but they are not going to hold their value like a Les Paul.

My Les Pauls have already appreciated significantly. I could sell four of these five Suhrs right now for more than I paid for them. Resale value isn't why I bought them though. It was to actually play them.

Reactions: Geo
My Les Pauls have already appreciated significantly. I could sell four of these five Suhrs right now for more than I paid for them. Resale value isn't why I bought them though. It was to actually play them.

I have a 2006 LPC that I think was around $3200 new. I've played the crap out of it, probably falls under the category of Very Good Condition, and I bet I could still get close to what I paid for it.

A good instrument will always retain value but there something about the name brands ie, Fender, Gibson, seem to hold value better.

Once the BRICS currency system is in full effect, all your instruments are going to rise in value exponentially.

I might agree on the brics thing. But we won’t be buying them in dollars as for damn sure.

There will be a moment, though, where every guitar is dirt cheap because people aren’t going to be able to eat

Reactions: Geo
Agreed, I sold my Gibson because I couldn’t play that fucking thing. Horrible craftsmanship and terrible tuning stability.

It must be getting real expensive to manufacture in CA.
Chubtone can still do it for far less. I've tried a lot of Suhr and my last purchase from Chubtone was on par quality wise from everything I've tried from Suhr at literally half the cost. I think I paid 2300 for this. I wasnt expecting this high of a grade of a quilt top either.

Attachments

• 1000000266.jpg
    1000000266.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 22
Chubtone can still do it for far less. I've tried a lot of Suhr and my last purchase from Chubtone was on par from everything I've tried from Suhr at literally half the cost. I think I paid 2300 for this. I wasnt expecting this high of a grade of a quilt top either.
From what I have seen and heard about Chubtone, it would be my first choice as well.

Back