Suhr at Sweetwater

• Thread starter Thread starter Geo
  • Start date Start date
Suhr is at MF also but I’m only seeing amps and pedals

It looks to me like they just launched a whole new dealer model. Again, slightly surprised. see them at GC platinum and sweetwater, must be a growth model and can’t begrudge that.

I’m a part time guitar builder. The guitar in my profile photo is one of my builds. Picked up a modern just before Covid For around 1800, and the collection has grown a bit. The modern scratched an itch and got me into stainless steel, only neck and setup that I’ve enjoyed as much as something I’ve built. I haven’t built a guitar with stainless as of yet and the career / family prevents me from building for the time being.

I’m shocked that ive gravitated towards suhr, and I’m not at TGP 🤷‍♂️. For me, they smoke my Charvel, sound better then my JP Majesty (which is an extremely comfortable guitar), play better than PRS, etc. I’ve sold everything else.

My two remaining CJ guitars and the Suhr maple neck modern, Suhr Andy Woods are my top 5. The other suhr just fill a hole that I didn’t build and do not want to fill via fender or Gibson. I’ll never own another Gibson!

Pre PLEX suhr vanity pic, 5 post Covid, yikes!

Attachments

• IMG_3186.jpeg
    IMG_3186.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 38
No doubt that Suhr guitars are quality but at what point are you willing to pay more than competitive brands just because of the high price of doing business in CA.

Seeing Suhr moving to sell at Sweetwater tells me he has move more inventory to stay afloat.

Cheapest ones at SW are 3.299$ so no imports. There was an Rasmus (China built, US QC) attemp but failed on quality issues per Suhr. I had one and it doesn't sound but there was not close to real Suhr, feel like indonesian Ibanez.
Moderns are imho pinnacle of superstrats, perfect fit body shape, neck shape and versatile pickups and if You have cash, endless options to configure Yourself. Real surprise was how well they record, the extra clarity of resonant body and stainless frets fit into mix just perfect.

I’ve had 6 Suhrs. All Classic S body types. Most I spent for any of those was $2600. Majority were under $2K. One was a dud and two were the best guitars I’ve ever owned. All played extremely well. Better than my experiences with Fender or Ibanez, but YMMV.

They make great guitars, probably trying to up sales by any means necessary. Screw the smaller dealers I assume?

At $5000 for a Reb Beach, Suhr and Sweatshopswater has the nerve to charge a Plek setup for an additional $300.00

Like Geo said, cheaper labor in TX where a box of cereal doesn't cost $10 bucks

WDsMSN2l.jpg

I am sure that Suhr guitars are very nice, but I can't see dropping $3k to $4k on one. I do love their pickups though.

Do the streets of TX by you smell like Brisket like I once imagined?

Downtown San Antonio smelled like garbage both times I was there.
Can't imagine trying to conduct business in CA no matter how nice the weather is, nor the sweet smell of poo on the streets. God Bless Texas

• Haha
Reactions: Geo

Back