The $256 tube amp will rival a Marshall plexi

rsm

From RT's favorite gear reviewer...

fricker-fu.jpg

:D

Glenn sucks but these do sound okay, I've played them.

Edit: Listened to the clips, Glenn is fucking horrible at dialing in a marshall tone jesus christ almighty

With ALL of the amps

That is honest to god one of the worst marshall tones i've ever heard on any recording, its no wonder he's never really used them LMFAO

How the fuck did he get ALL of those amps to sound that bad? It almost sounds like he's using a 10" speaker

lol it won't. I have a Bugera Infinium 1960. It's awesome.. has the RR cascaded input built in. Set it all to 7 across the board and it f-cks. BUT.. it doesn't have the girth because the self biasing feature runs them slightly colder and you will hear that in the high end. It has less sag and is tighter because of that biasing. Also, transformers are beefy but they aren't old iron. The PPIMV sucks though. Tone sucker. So you gotta crank it for the orgasm. Also, the treble crashes on mine if set to 10. I have thought of doing the mid pot trick to make it more usable and gainy but haven't gotten around to it.

Now that said, does it scratch the itch?? Definitely. It does " that " thing.

Hear them back to back. This amp has been around forever, Glenn is late to the party:

And here with Blix who can play and was talking about this amp ages ago on the Metro Forum. This amp can do it. Reliable? Who cares.. mine cost me 500$ in new condition and i don't move it much

Also, the count here:

Last edited:
I have a windsor but I have always slaved it. No idea what it sounds like on it's own....lol...I guess it's designed similar to an 800 though....

Reactions: rsm
lol it won't. I have a Bugera Infinium 1960. It's awesome.. has the RR cascaded input built in. Set it all to 7 across the board and it f-cks. BUT.. it doesn't have the girth because the self biasing feature runs them slightly colder and you will hear that in the high end. It has less sag and is tighter because of that biasing. Also, transformers are beefy but they aren't old iron. The PPIMV sucks though. Tone sucker. So you gotta crank it for the orgasm. Also, the treble crashes on mine if set to 10. I have thought of doing the mid pot trick to make it more usable and gainy but haven't gotten around to it.

Now that said, does it scratch the itch?? Definitely. It does " that " thing.

Hear them back to back. This amp has been around forever, Glenn is late to the party:

And here with Blix who can play and was talking about this amp ages ago on the Metro Forum. This amp can do it. Reliable? Who cares.. mine cost me 500$ in new condition and i don't move it much

Also, the count here:

Absolutely, Glenn is late to the party - the bugera plexi was a known quantity even when you could buy them new

The high end and sag are missing, but it does get as close as you could ask for, for 500$ or whatever

These until very recently were still going new for I think $599 on reverb, I should have bought one

If Glenn has the Digitech Bad Monkey effect on these amps I will lose it.. I can't stand that yelling fool'. I know he's Canadian and all but not everyone liked Anvil either so Glenn can suck it.

I'm kind of pissed he made all these amps sound so bad

If Glenn has the Digitech Bad Monkey effect on these amps I will lose it.. I can't stand that yelling fool'. I know he's Canadian and all but not everyone liked Anvil either so Glenn can suck it.

I thought it would have happened by now as actual reputable people have been preaching about these for years, Glenn definitely doesn’t have the influence JHS has and I doubt many in his audience even care about copping vintage Marshall tones

I thought it would have happened by now as actual reputable people have been preaching about these for years, Glenn definitely doesn’t have the influence JHS has and I doubt many in his audience even care about copping vintage Marshall tones
Did you catch Glenn's opinion on the JCM 800, and that the he liked the JCM 900 better?

plexi / JMP tones, or Marshall in general, are clearly not his area

Did you catch Glenn's opinion on the JCM 800, and that the he liked the JCM 900 better?

I know, clueless. Shows he has no idea how to dial in a Marshall. He just finishes talking about volume with a Plexi and doesn't realize that an 800 is only a few components off of a MV JMP and that it too needs volume and to back off the preamp to make it sound UUUUGE'.

i did, i found it to be a very heart touching and influential story hearing his journey with marshalls and greenbacks, and how you cant think you know everything and continue learning as a producer and engineer.

Back