The $256 tube amp will rival a Marshall plexi

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
shitty sounding or not, he got the Bugera to sound basically identical to the marshall, so maybe hes not as clueless as we all make him??

Yes and no. Only shows he is good at matching EQ, not how to get the best from an older Marshall.

Yes and no. Only shows he is good at matching EQ, not how to get the best from an older Marshall.

I swear to god i have like beginner level recording gear and I can and have absolutely gotten tones that would SMOKE glenns with marshalls, and it makes me feel weird, like he was actually using a Gorilla practice amp in all the clips - or else, he's the worst at recording marshalls in all of human history.

It sounds like a Glenn Fricker thing to do though, record all the tracks with a marshall code or a fender frontman and be like SEE YOU GUYS ARE STUUIPID AND COULDNT TELL THAT IT WASNT A MARSHALL

well, he said hes not a marshall guy to start, and the point of the video wasnt how to get the best from an older marshall, it was how similar a cheaper amp can sound to a marshall, which shitty sounding or not he did a real good job in an entertaining video :dunno: it cracks me up how triggered people get off this guy :LOL:

Did you catch Glenn's opinion on the JCM 800, and that the he liked the JCM 900 better?

plexi / JMP tones, or Marshall in general, are clearly not his area

facepalm picard double facepalm.gif

• Haha
Reactions: rsm
lol it won't. I have a Bugera Infinium 1960. It's awesome.. has the RR cascaded input built in. Set it all to 7 across the board and it f-cks. BUT.. it doesn't have the girth because the self biasing feature runs them slightly colder and you will hear that in the high end. It has less sag and is tighter because of that biasing. Also, transformers are beefy but they aren't old iron. The PPIMV sucks though. Tone sucker. So you gotta crank it for the orgasm. Also, the treble crashes on mine if set to 10. I have thought of doing the mid pot trick to make it more usable and gainy but haven't gotten around to it.

Now that said, does it scratch the itch?? Definitely. It does " that " thing.

Hear them back to back. This amp has been around forever, Glenn is late to the party:

And here with Blix who can play and was talking about this amp ages ago on the Metro Forum. This amp can do it. Reliable? Who cares.. mine cost me 500$ in new condition and i don't move it much

Also, the count here:

Blix makes those sound killer. What a great guitar player he is! I love his demos. The trick with those Bugeras is to get the 1960 Infinium model. The ones before that were plagued with problems. What speakers are you using with that amp or are you using IR's?

I don't think bugera has the problem of being overpriced used

I meant the game in general. Never had a bugera, why do that when 5150 were easily had for 600 lol.

This inflation trend. Plus demos making gear stay desired by everyone and their grandma who started chugging after the BS pandemic the government perpetrated..

It's just a shame it's reached the average musicians, just trying to still experience the tone chase via used market. Then the amp hoarders who do it to look cool on YouTube.

I'm just saying I'd like to reverse everything at least 6 years and get ahead of the curve.becauwe the Influencing gear thing has been getting outta hand for a while. I've been in the scene for 20 years and watching the places it's went the last 4 years is just sad.

So let the bad demos drop! Lol maybe amps will have a chance to fly back under the radar. 🤣

I swear to god i have like beginner level recording gear and I can and have absolutely gotten tones that would SMOKE glenns with marshalls, and it makes me feel weird, like he was actually using a Gorilla practice amp in all the clips - or else, he's the worst at recording marshalls in all of human history.

It sounds like a Glenn Fricker thing to do though, record all the tracks with a marshall code or a fender frontman and be like SEE YOU GUYS ARE STUUIPID AND COULDNT TELL THAT IT WASNT A MARSHALL
I always thought insurrection/josh fuggin parsley had the most killer Marshall clips with ghetto ass radio shack garbage.

That's exactly his style.. if he can yell about it, he's making a video about it. One of my fave videos was where he took a sledge hammer to a KT Pultec clone. It doesn't level up! Well by his own reasoning, he should be able to make that clone sound like a 6000$ Pultec. Also, he ruined a perfectly good piece of gear. He's a dork.

well, he said hes not a marshall guy to start, and the point of the video wasnt how to get the best from an older marshall, it was how similar a cheaper amp can sound to a marshall, which shitty sounding or not he did a real good job in an entertaining video :dunno: it cracks me up how triggered people get off this guy :LOL:

I'm not triggered.. my main comment was that the Bugera is no secret. Not like he is saying anything new.

Oh, and also that he is a loser who yells too much.

Blix makes those sound killer. What a great guitar player he is! I love his demos. The trick with those Bugeras is to get the 1960 Infinium model. The ones before that were plagued with problems. What speakers are you using with that amp or are you using IR's?

I use either Greenbacks ( not because Glenn told me too lol) or a weber 65 which is essentially a scumback sort of speaker. Sounds great with them. I have also put it through IR's ( Friedman cab pack in Torpedo) and it sounded good to my ears.

Wouldn't watch that guy if you paid me. Sharing his videos increases his reach and success, just stop.

Back