Addendum to the Axe FXIII thread: Does this unit really cop good tones?

• Thread starter Thread starter nightlight
  • Start date Start date
I get what you’re trying to show here, but there are so many factors here that are going unaccounted for. Whether or not the tone is similar to LOG, the same problems would arise to getting that tone whether you used a “real amp “ or the axe, or any other type of device. But unfortunately, people here are so close minded that If they hear a tone they don’t like with the axe or a digital product, or ANY product really, it means that “that” specific products sucks to them, which is of course not the case.

Unfortunately with this “mix”, it ain’t ever gonna sound that close, nor will it with picking/playing that soft.

I get what you’re trying to show here, but there are so many factors here that are going unaccounted for. Whether or not the tone is similar to LOG, the same problems would arise to getting that tone whether you used a “real amp “ or the axe, or any other type of device. But unfortunately, people here are so close minded that If they hear a tone they don’t like with the axe or a digital product, or ANY product really, it means that “that” specific products sucks to them, which is of course not the case.

Unfortunately with this “mix”, it ain’t ever gonna sound that close, nor will it with picking/playing that soft.

"This is what has been wrought for 30 pieces of silver" :dunno:

Plus it's in Standard D tuning, not Drop D. So that means that all my strings from the fifth onwards are tuned a whole step down, whereas on the recording, all five of those strings are tuned ADGBE.

Also, still not sure why this is happening. Sounds much tighter on the Fractal Forums, you can listen to the Soundcloud link here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/can-the-axe-fxiii-cop-lamb-of-god-tones.206080/#post-2571203

I don't know who suggested more highs being cut, but I strongly disagree. Needs more aggression, not less.

But yeah, next time, play more aggressively, my man. :)

I don't know who suggested more highs being cut, but I strongly disagree. Needs more aggression, not less.

But yeah, next time, play more aggressively, my man. :)

You ever see a Bruce Lee one-inch punch? My hands are deadly weapons and I must restrain myself, especially when playing guitars. Otherwise there would have been all these noises creeping in and people would have straight out said I suck at playing instead of just saying my picking is wimpy. 😂

Back