NAD-kinda. Everyone’s favorite topic-amp in here.

• Thread starter Thread starter peterc52
  • Start date Start date
peterc52
peterc52
Bought a Larry Dino JM 801 some time ago after wanting a Dino for a while. Sounded great but had it updated to 2005 Dino circuit.

Now it’s even BETTER! It’s a really great amp. Tight, articulate amp.

Marshall style clean with 3 -toggle switch. Crunch and lead.

Wanted to make some clips. But can’t figure out to make good iPhone clips. @Bxlxaxkxe any tricks 😜

View attachment IMG_7425.jpeg

Attachments

Is that the amp that was copied from fortin? And I think fortin copied from randall?

( really cool amp )
Yup. I think so 😆

It has the Bite and Punch controls on the back. And both a passive and series loop. Also got new tungsol tubes as well :)

And turn around for the modifications was not even 14 days 😀😀

Bought a Larry Dino JM 801 some time ago after wanting a Dino for a while. Sounded great but had it updated to 2005 Dino circuit.

Now it’s even BETTER! It’s a really great amp. Tight, articulate amp.

Marshall style clean with 3 -toggle switch. Crunch and lead.

Wanted to make some clips. But can’t figure out to make good iPhone clips. @Bxlxaxkxe any tricks 😜

View attachment 319245

congrats dude! sounds awesome

Yup. I think so 😆

It has the Bite and Punch controls on the back. And both a passive and series loop. Also got new tungsol tubes as well :)

And turn around for the modifications was not even 14 days 😀😀
Yeah; mine was bought on German eBay market.. driven to Larry’s home…. Upgraded in 2 weeks…. Waited for a shipping crate plus shipping 2 weeks. So 4 weeks total to the center of the US. Larry said specifically it’s waaaay quicker to mod an amp and start from scratch. Mine sounds very similar @peterc52

I believe in larry . I’ll get my amp !

Really hoping the PMM turns up on time and it’s every bit as good as expected. Keeping the fingers crossed for you and looking forward to hearing some clips….hopefully in the not too distant. 🤞

Really hoping the PMM turns up on time and it’s every bit as good as expected. Keeping the fingers crossed for you and looking forward to hearing some clips….hopefully in the not too distant. 🤞
Thanks man ! It’s exciting . I’ll defiantly do clips . Honesty I’ll do clips more often with it .

I know Larry is short for Lawrence sometimes, but here it’s short for lawyer needed
Is that what that bitch with the leggings and the bright lipstick said to you on the street corner before she got into your car?

Back