NAD-kinda. Everyone’s favorite topic-amp in here.

• Thread starter Thread starter peterc52
  • Start date Start date
Amp makers that demanded wire transfer payment (balance due, not the initial deposit) to their Step-Daughter's German bank account in order to evade the financial authorities: Larry Grohmann of Larry amplification. Amp makers that then sabotaged that very same product with circuit destroying epoxy resin: Larry Grohmann of Larry amplification.
What this bitter and frustrated grandpa says in his signature was 13 years ago, it was in 2011 and had a different reason than he claims.

The partially epoxy covering did not damage the circuit, but rather actually had a protective function for the components and is comparable to how H. A. Dumble completely covered his circuits with goop.

The reason for this at that time was so that his then best friend Mike Fortin, near whom this grandpa lives, would not again drill his curious eyes into my then very current circuit of my preamp and not copy another Larry circuit and then use it as his own development presented, just as Mike Fortin had done several times before.

But with such old, bitter and frustrated grandpas, such bitterness seems to be so deep and fixed in the brain that they can only be released from it by the impending grave?

What this bitter and frustrated grandpa says in his signature was 13 years ago, it was in 2011 and had a different reason than he claims.

The partially epoxy covering did not damage the circuit, but rather actually had a protective function for the components and is comparable to how H. A. Dumble completely covered his circuits with goop.

The reason for this at that time was so that his then best friend Mike Fortin, near whom this grandpa lives, would not again drill his curious eyes into my then very current circuit of my preamp and not copy another Larry circuit and then use it as his own development presented, just as Mike Fortin had done several times before.

But with such old, bitter and frustrated grandpas, such bitterness seems to be so deep and fixed in the brain that they can only be released from it by the impending grave?
They say there's always two sides to every story but your problem is both sides often come from you:

"So since I know now for sure, that by any means this amp will go to MF at any time I'll go and protect my circuit in this amp, but even stronger a HAD did with 'only' gooping the circuit.

I've already done it inside of two preamps,
which went to Canada into MF area and where I knew, that these guys were in touch with him.

I'm using epoxy resin what becomes hard almost like stone 😂

And then the shield is welded on 7 points. I just left 2 windows in the shield, if sometime after 20 to 30 years the electrolytics have to be changed, to come by there. As other component do have an endless life span

And if he is so much impudent and is going to grind off the welding points to remove the shield, then first he will see, that much of the circuit is embedded with epoxy resin 🤷‍♂😇

Exactly at this time I'd give 1,000 Euro only for watching his face 🤣🤣🤣

MF will experience his special surprise when thegame and Disfigured are handing the amps to him for checking and re engineering 😀😅😂

I’ll make it very very special and impossible to re engineer without destroying the circuit. Then you’d hear thegame and Disfigured crying" 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
MF will experience his special surprise when thegame and Disfigured are handing the amps to him for checking and re engineering 😀😅😂

I’ll make it very very special and impossible to re engineer without destroying the circuit. Then you’d hear thegame and Disfigured crying" 🤣🤣🤣
That was exactly my intention :cool:

Just like H. A. Dumble's intention with the goop was to prevent anyone from copying his circuits.

In the case of H. A. Dumble, some people managed to remove the goop to such an extent through lengthy and painstaking work that his circuits could be copied.

With my resin you will never be able to do that 😜

But it's no disadvantage for a guitarist who just plays through the preamp and doesn't want to copy its circuitry, because the components under the resin are of such high quality and so oversized in terms of parameters that they still work even after 100 years of continuous operation.

So why are you crying?

Did you already agree on a certain amount with Mike Fortin that you would get if you let him re-engineer your preamp?

Was it more than US$1,000 that you lost due to the resin? :D

Last edited:
Here is the area I had hidden with resin.
Only a very small area of the entire board and the resin only covers 8 components:

100_3264.jpg

And in addition there was a stainless steel sheet welded over it at some points - but with window cutouts so that the filter caps can be changed after 30 years or so if necessary:

100_3268.jpg

All other components under the sheet metal are selected to function for 100 years or more.

Last edited:
All other components under the sheet metal are selected to function for 100 years or more.
You're such a spineless coward. You choose not to answer this question because any truthful answer will make you look bad. Here it is again:

So Larry, how does your warranty work pertaining to your own amps when you intentionally sabotage them?

- does it cover water, fire, smoke, blunt force impact damage or anything else unforeseen that would necessitate removing those fucking shields for repairs? Imagine some poor customer, taking his shielded Larry to a local tech (who couldn't care less about copying your circuits because most have never heard of you), who then unwittingly damages the amp's components. So then you've created a situation between your customer and their local amp tech

You're such a spineless coward. You choose not to answer this question because any truthful answer will make you look bad. Here it is again:

So Larry, how does your warranty work pertaining to your own amps when you intentionally sabotage them?

- does it cover water, fire, smoke, blunt force impact damage or anything else unforeseen that would necessitate removing those fucking shields for repairs? Imagine some poor customer, taking his shielded Larry to a local tech (who couldn't care less about copying your circuits because most have never heard of you), who then unwittingly damages the amp's components. So then you've created a situation between your customer and their local amp tech
Only primitive idiots use personal insults in their questions - but I still want to answer your question because today and especially since I know that I'm going to be a dad again, I'm constantly in a good mood.

The answer is very simple:

There is nothing under this sheet metal, absolutely nothing, that could ever become defective and the preamp will therefore never need a technician.

The only exception are the filter caps, but I have provided window cutouts for that.

If it wasn't like that, I wouldn't have done it as it is.

Only primitive idiots use personal insults in their questions - but I still want to answer your question because today and especially since I know that I'm going to be a dad again, I'm constantly in a good mood.

The answer is very simple:

There is nothing under this sheet metal, absolutely nothing, that could ever become defective and the preamp will therefore never need a technician.

The only exception are the filter caps, but I have provided window cutouts for that.

If it wasn't like that, I wouldn't have done it as it is.
Nothing but obfuscation and evasiveness in your replies.

Nothing but obfuscation and evasiveness in your replies.
You are welcome to take your personal opinion with you to the grave.
In any case, the reality looks different, but you're already too blind with hate and envy for that 🤷‍♂️

Have you actually reported the naked little Larry yet?
Nudity is forbidden here, right?

Amp sounds so good!!! When you tire of it, let me know, I will gladly take it off your hands. I am in severe need of a Larry!

Back