New cab day! The beefiest 1x12 on earth!

DanTravis62

I am gonna level with you guys.

I hate small cabinets.

But this thing is massive, and I can't lie, I kind of like it. It's full size head wide, and has the convertible open/half back.

1000011231.jpg

It's unloaded - I grabbed a 16 ohm evm12L to throw in it. Gonna be my Kemper "monitor" probably, idk.

1000011232.jpg

I finally have turned to the dark side, so if I go too far (and start extolling the virtues of "grab and go") please slap me in the face

I want to try these speakers with the herbert.

I feel like they are the only ones that can take the clear pummeling depth it is able to provide.

Looks good man 🔥

Where did you find that cab, did you have it shipped here or found it used?

It was local for a steal

Dude just moved to my area, seemed really cool

Cornford make killer cabs. I have a 4x12 with v30s that slays. I bet that 1x12 has tons of punch👊

I've played one before with the stock v30 and it was killer, I already have a redplate 4x12 loaded with uk v30s that absolutely slays though, so I wanted to try something different. With it being a 1x12, I wanted something high power handling, and the (rare as balls) 16 ohm EVM12L popped up on TGP.

CORN-FORD

I like that name. Plus i like EV's.

It's martin kidd's pre-victory brand. They are quite a bit better than the victory stuff IMO.

I love EV speakers too, the 12L is my favorite non high gain speaker of all time.

Dude I am jealous. A buddy has one of those and ya....sounds amazing. You are spot on with it being the massive sounding 1x12!

He also has an mk50 amp....also very very killer!

Dude I am jealous. A buddy has one of those and ya....sounds amazing. You are spot on with it being the massive sounding 1x12!

He also has an mk50 amp....also very very killer!

It's probably my favorite 1x12 (even over the thiele) and im really surprised one popped up locally

I've played the mk50 and it sounds great, but i actually like the hellcat best out of all of his amps with that brand

I'm stoked to see how it sounds with a 12L in there

Congrats. :cheers:

I don't know much about their cabs but I do need to try one of those speakers one of these days. :yes:

I had a Blackheart 1x12 with an Eminence Red Coat (Something) I forget. Sold it to a friend in Jersey.

I had Tiger wrestling shoes like that once too. In High School. :D

Looks like you could fit two speakers on the diagonal if you wanted, bet that extra space is part of why it sounds so good.

I would say that's a safe bet. It's definitely the best sounding 1x12 I've ever played, 100%

Grain of salt though, I don't generally think 1x12 cabs sound that good. I haven't been impressed with many besides thieles, the OS engls, and a handful of others.

Congrats. :cheers:

I don't know much about their cabs but I do need to try one of those speakers one of these days. :yes:

I had a Blackheart 1x12 with an Eminence Red Coat (Something) I forget. Sold it to a friend in Jersey.

I had Tiger wrestling shoes like that once too. In High School. :D

The 12L is definitely something different.

It's not similar to any celestions, but it's pleasing to the ear in its own way

The high end is this weird combo of very present, but very smooth, no matter the amp you run into them

Back