Finally gave in and bought a noise gate. Oy.

Back to the thread topic:

Alan's videos are fun. His sense of humor is biting at times and hilarious.
You'll have to watch more than 10 seconds to find that out.

Best gate I've ever used is the Revv G8 in 4CM. No tone suck. The Release knob is the key. Backing it off, opens up the tone.
Heard the Fortin Zuul is up there with it, but I haven't tried one yet.

Don't bother with any gate that doesn't do 4CM, IMHO.

NS-2 does have tone suck. Depending on your rig, you can dial around it though.

Best gate i've ever used is the LWA Endless Blockade/Tannhauser.

NS-2 does have tone suck. Depending on your rig, you can dial around it though.

Best gate i've ever used is the LWA Endless Blockade/Tannhauser.
I had the LWA... its a Fortin Zuul with added knobs.... or like the new Zuul. doesn't make it bad.

I've been searching for someone to pot how to mod the zuul clones for the added knobs. It cant be difficult, I know dont know my way around pedals for shit. lol I have a pedal PCB board with a THAT chip just waiting to be built.

I had the LWA... its a Fortin Zuul with added knobs.... or like the new Zuul. doesn't make it bad.

I've been searching for someone to pot how to mod the zuul clones for the added knobs. It cant be difficult, I know dont know my way around pedals for shit. lol I have a pedal PCB board with a THAT chip just waiting to be built.

It functions way smoother and is easier to dial in than the Fortin

Back to the thread topic:

Alan's videos are fun. His sense of humor is biting at times and hilarious.
You'll have to watch more than 10 seconds to find that out.

Best gate I've ever used is the Revv G8 in 4CM. No tone suck. The Release knob is the key. Backing it off, opens up the tone.
Heard the Fortin Zuul is up there with it, but I haven't tried one yet.

Don't bother with any gate that doesn't do 4CM, IMHO.
The Guptech Sun is similar to the Zuul, but much less cost wise. I had a Zuul and bought a Sun gate pedal and ended up selling my Zuul.

Cheers

It is a decent pedal for sure. Your videos are entertaining just kind of surprised you are just now heard about the 4 cable method. :dunno:

I like mine ok,

TeQO4DQl.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone try the newer version NS-1X? Any improvement?
I haven’t tried it yet but it seems that often when companies try to revise and improve a gold standard it doesn’t really take. I’ve heard at least one person that likes it better.

I made one like this. I forget all the details, but I know you replace the switch with a pot so you get more than 2 levels. The other pot replaces the resistor going into the detector circuit so you can control the level going into it. That one helps a lot.

I have 3 of them I made. 2 standard versions, and the modded version.

I found it. Compare this with the stock Muzzle Schematic.

Attachments

• LWA_endless_blockade_sd.jpg
    846.1 KB · Views: 21
Back