Cameron CCV clip

RedPlated

I just sold this amp but figured I’d make a quick clip. Very low volume using my iPad. This amp sounds really great. What’s funny is that I hadn’t played it in a while, and to me it sounds A LOT like my Hellion amps. I’ve never opened this amp or even seen a CCV schematic.

I think of my amps as a blend of Marshall and Mark series Mesa. I’ve heard the CCV described that way also….

How much did you get (if you don’t mind me asking), Im assuming that’s a Brad era CCV, what speakers in the cab in the clip ? Thanks in advance.

How much did you get (if you don’t mind me asking), Im assuming that’s a Brad era CCV, what speakers in the cab in the clip ? Thanks in advance.
It’s a Brad era. Which is not a negative by any means. I’ve had both versions. This holds its own for sure.

I’d prefer not to list the sales price out of respect for the buyer, who is on this forum.

I get the hate / resentment for the man and questionable business acumen behind the brand, but dam these amps sound incredible. Never heard a Cameron clip that didn’t make my wallet itch.

The punch/response reminds me of my Hellion, but I definitely use way different settings than that clip.

Either way sounds great (even for a phone clip).

I got the amp from Jeremy. I even advised a few friends to buy this amp. Great honest seller, rare amp in mint condition, etc... no brainer!
But because of the circumstances they weren't able to pull the trigger on it. Since I didn't have a production CCV, I've decided I can give it a great new home.

I got the amp from Jeremy. I even advised a few friends to buy this amp. Great honest seller, rare amp in mint condition, etc... no brainer!
But because of the circumstances they weren't able to pull the trigger on it. Since I didn't have a production CCV, I've decided I can give it a great new home.

Dibs lol

You living THE LIFE man 🤘🏻

Congrats!

Maybe make a video/audio battle on Brad era vs non Brad era one?

@RedPlated how come you never documented it’s innards? Just for the sake of preserving.

Can you please post a pre vs post production comparison? Most others who own both eras of CCVs either don’t even play guitar or do but flaunt them in videos without even turning them on.

Congrats!

@RedPlated how come you never documented it’s innards? Just for the sake of preserving.

Mark made them produce the CCV with an upside down PCB. So that it can’t be reverse engineered. I never had a desire to go in there and tear it apart. I guess his method was successful.

friedman should be making these and calling them something else, maybe change something slightly so he can say its not the same amp, but the same amp.. lol

• Haha
Reactions: PDC

Congrats!

Thank you.
I still wanna get Protools again, whenever they are either free or really cheap for non pro use, get a little recording setup and register all the amp I'll have by then. And that would include, of course, both the pre and the production era CCVs, as well as all amps modded by Mark. Just for the sake of it.
But I'm not in a hurry at all to do that, since I don't even have how to record it.
For now, I'll just keep working and playing guitar every break I have.

Back