Happy 4th of July to my American RIG TALK bros

• Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
V
VonBonfire
Brisket is on the smoker. Beer is in the fridge. I hope you guys have a good day with family and friends. Don't get too drunk or injure yourselves with fireworks. Happy 4th! Here is some patriotic Jimi for you:

Happy 4th. Stay safe.
Unless I have a heart attack or twist my ankle I should be ok. Just sitting here watching the smoker roll smoke. Plan is to harass people on rig talk today, drink some beer, and maybe finish cutting and installing my throttle and idle cables on the sportster if I'm feeling motivated. It's 100 out today so not feeling that motivated. I even finished cutting my view out the back, 8 years of work, monday, so I can watch the fireworks from the comfort of my porch. Heck I'm done collecting firewood for next winter, w00t!

Unless I have a heart attack or twist my ankle I should be ok. Just sitting here watching the smoker roll smoke. Plan is to harass people on rig talk today, drink some beer, and maybe finish cutting and installing my throttle and idle cables on the sportster if I'm feeling motivated. It's 100 out today so not feeling that motivated. I even finished cutting my view out the back, 8 years of work, monday, so I can watch the fireworks from the comfort of my porch. Heck I'm done collecting firewood for next winter, w00t!
Shit man. You definitely have to come up now. We got to ride together. I was about to buy a 48, but ended up bringing this bitch home.
a7f04b95-b728-4dc9-9c44-8d977e5b2f19.jpg

Brisket is on the smoker. Beer is in the fridge. I hope you guys have a good day with family and friends. Don't get too drunk or injure yourselves with fireworks. Happy 4th! Here is some patriotic Jimi for you:

Man, a brisket today would be tough. Too much distraction. I am throwing a couple tri tips on for a short smoke and reverse sear around noon. I just finished prepping jalapeno poppers for the late afternoon. Gonna be a good day with good friends.

Happy and safe fourth for us all. Good gear hunting during the sales. I haven't seen anything awesome yet. We need a half price blowout, lol .

Shit man. You definitely have to come up now. We got to ride together. I was about to buy a 48, but ended up bringing this bitch home. View attachment 322380
Niiiiice bike! I love a black bike and I def dig the bars and pipes on that bad boy. Finally someone without a gross bagger!!!! I'm about 2k in parts, title, and licensing plus some labor time from getting on the road again after about 12 or 13 years so probably not till spring. I have ridden a little intermittently since then and work on friends carbed bikes when someone is paying. I been gigging most of the Harley dealerships in the Central TX area for their bike nights at area bars and just out in the parking lot at corporate events for four or five years now plus have friends who ride so long story short someone gave me an sportster frame, complete motor, front end, front wheel, and wiring and I been piecing it back together with the parts I really want, read: $$$, but it'll be pretty sick when it's done. I rode quite a bit in Florida and sold my bike when I made the first trip to Texas. I'd like to take the 3 sisters run one of these days or even just run out to Blanco or Canyon Lake on 32 up the devil's backbone. Personally I think the old timer who gave me the bike just wants someone to ride with, lol, but I'm having a good time assembling the bike and he is a stand up friend for life for sure.....

Niiiiice bike! I love a black bike and I def dig the bars and pipes on that bad boy. Finally someone without a gross bagger!!!! I'm about 2k in parts, title, and licensing plus some labor time from getting on the road again after about 12 or 13 years so probably not till spring. I have ridden a little intermittently since then and work on friends carbed bikes when someone is paying. I been gigging most of the Harley dealerships in the Central TX area for their bike nights at area bars and just out in the parking lot at corporate events for four or five years now plus have friends who ride so long story short someone gave me an sportster frame, complete motor, front end, front wheel, and wiring and I been piecing it back together with the parts I really want, read: $$$, but it'll be pretty sick when it's done. I rode quite a bit in Florida and sold my bike when I made the first trip to Texas. I'd like to take the 3 sisters run one of these days or even just run out to Blanco or Canyon Lake on 32 up the devil's backbone. Personally I think the old timer who gave me the bike just wants someone to ride with, lol, but I'm having a good time assembling the bike and he is a stand up friend for life for sure.....
Yeah. I like baggers, but i am a bobber guy at heart. I will ride with you anytime, bud

Back