Hagar covering VH rehearsal

• Thread starter Thread starter LP Freak
  • Start date Start date
When Joe played with Deep Purple he honored the songs and put his own spin on them. I thought they sounded great. I was hoping Joe would take the same approach with the Van Halen material...and he is! I'm very happy with what I heard in this video.

Jason Bonham sounds a lot better playing Van Halen than I expected!

Satch sounded good.

This is the first time I’ve seen a video of Sammy and thought he looked like an old man. No disrespect intended.
That’s funny because I thought the same thing. I would still love to have his fountain of youth

I like the way it comes full circle in the drum department: John Bonham laid down the LAW for rock drummers...Alex Van Halen played John Bonham's drum parts in Van Halen's club days...and now Bonham's son is playing Alex's parts. That's pretty cool.

I need to see one of these shows, looks to be damn entertaining!

When Joe played with Deep Purple he honored the songs and put his own spin on them. I thought they sounded great. I was hoping Joe would take the same approach with the Van Halen material...and he is! I'm very happy with what I heard in this video.
I agree. I actually would rather he doesn't try to play like EVH and just be Joe a bit.

fully in the roth>sam VH camp,

but did see the Circle at a corporate gig a few years back and Samuel still had pipes. would not be as stoked to see a Roth gig today unless it was no singing and pure storytelling.

Back