Hagar covering VH rehearsal

• Thread starter Thread starter LP Freak
  • Start date Start date
Sammy’s vibe has always been having a good time with people he likes. He couldn’t give a shit about things being exact when it’s not his songs. I wonder if an internal switch goes when it’s time for There’s Only Way to Rock and he becomes a complete, control freak tyrant…lol
He wants bums on seats, having a good time. He couldn’t care less about guitar players in the audience and what they might want. Plus at 76, he’s going to want it to be as easy going as possible. For me as a music and guitar fan, it’s a hard no but I still understand it.

He’s just another parrot. One of many. Hagar could have used Vic Johnson as well. IMO, a better player. He doesn’t sell tickets either.
Just talking talent to mimic Eddie, not ticket sales. Joe is one of my favorite players ever. But Joe is Joe, not an Eddie clone at all. But the more time goes, the closer he is getting there!!!!

Jacob has that feel..

Just talking talent to mimic Eddie, not ticket sales. Joe is one of my favorite players ever. But Joe is Joe, not an Eddie clone at all. But the more time goes, the closer he is getting there!!!!

Jacob has that feel..

He sounds MUCH MUCH closer in feel on these rehearsals than he did on the Stern show. But I don’t think he knew some of those songs at all by the deer in the headlights look he had when someone suggested they play a particular song. He was literally trying to figure it out as he was playing it, which is pretty damn impressive.

He sounds MUCH MUCH closer in feel on these rehearsals than he did on the Stern show. But I don’t think he knew some of those songs at all by the deer in the headlights look he had when someone suggested they play a particular song. He was literally trying to figure it out as he was playing it, which is pretty damn impressive.
Yes and yes, he was put on the spot right there and then!!!! Very impressive indeed. He knows his theory so well that he can figure it out as he goes!!!!!

He is sounding very good now. I would go see that show if they come around me!!!!

I don't find having a second guitarist a good idea. Eddie was always alone, and with a WDW setup it sounds HUGE!!!!! No need for another guitarist IMO.

Might muddy up the sound. Eddie is hard enough to mimic, imagine two guys doing it a t the same time.

Nope for me.

I don't find having a second guitarist a good idea. Eddie was always alone, and with a WDW setup it sounds HUGE!!!!! No need for another guitarist IMO.

Might muddy up the sound. Eddie is hard enough to mimic, imagine two guys doing it a t the same time.

Nope for me.
When Sammy played guitar with VH was it only when they did his songs?

That looks like the "5th" guy in the OP video playing keys maybe? Don't need another guitarist IMO unless Sammy just doesn't want to play guitar.

I take back most of what I've said before about this tour. This video changed my mind. Agreed with most everything said so far in this thread.

And don't forget, this tour is for music from: Montrose. Red Rocker. VH. Chickenfoot.

So it is more than just a VH tribute tour with Joe trying to copy Ed.

Back