If nobody actually needs a 100 W amp anymore, why are we still buying them?

• Thread starter Thread starter mightywarlock
  • Start date Start date
Not sure why or how, but a 50 watt Wizard pisses all over most 100w heads. In thump and volume.

Any dork showing up live with a modeler with all their gay presets needs popped in the mouth straight away 👍

Like Hetfield and his Fractals? :D

Metallica - Late show Stephen Colbert fractals all the way | James hetfield  guitar, Guitar rig, Metallica

Like Hetfield and his Fractals? :D

Metallica - Late show Stephen Colbert fractals all the way | James hetfield  guitar, Guitar rig, Metallica
Been to two shows with them on the Axe. First one was horrific sound. Muddy boomy bass. Couldn’t hear shit. Second one was very nice and solid. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: rsm
I enjoy my tube amps: 100W amps (I have 5), 50W (I have 2); and 180W (I have one, still getting it working). I also like my computer software rig.

I'm definitely a warm/tropical beach / ocean person. No desert, mountains and no more snow, for me.

This is a view of sunset from the southside of my island, across the water is another larger island that is a nature preserve and uninhabited. To the left is the Atlantic Ocean.

Common to see dolphin, stingray and sharks in this area, and off the eastern shore (Atlantic) we have right whales, shark, dolphin and jellyfish, including occasional Portuguese Man-o-war. We also have bald eagles, hawks, buzzards, coyotes, snakes (including eastern diamondbacks, copperheads, etc.) and gators. My house is about 530 meters from the Atlantic ocean; with palm trees in the yard.

View attachment 322827
You need this to go with that picture, just saying:

• Wow
Reactions: rsm

Back