Fernandez guitars files for bankruptcy.

There's been a nice looking Fernades on my local CL.
Red, I think its a "Sustainer"?

If it wasn't for FR fear, I probably would have purchased it by now.
Been looking at "hotter" guitars, Floyd Rose makes me nervous...

Cool stuff and shit, Fernandes has made that I read about someone hearing someone reading about.

Wonder what they want for the company? I know they own Burny, as well.

I think it was Hartley Peavey who once said, “Do you know why Guitar Center doesn’t carry Fernandes Guitars? Because they don’t have to.”

Was he the dick he sounds like?
Seemed like a nice enough gent to me.
IMG_5032.jpeg

Reactions: Geo
There's been a nice looking Fernades on my local CL.
Red, I think its a "Sustainer"?

If it wasn't for FR fear, I probably would have purchased it by now.
Been looking at "hotter" guitars, Floyd Rose makes me nervous...
I’ve had the same feelings about Floyd Roses. Even with so many YouTube videos showing the easiest way to set them up, the whole process seems daunting

When I was younger I had a Fernandes Dragonfly. It had the quilt top and sustainer pickup. Super cool guitar
Honestly this was my first and only concern.

Same. I recently picked up a Solar with a floyd and Fernandez Sustainer specifically because it’s the least expensive playable guitar I know of that comes with a sustainer and holy lord is it fun.

I hope the tech survives. It seems too good, too useful to be lost because one company closed.

It’s a wonder that Fernandez never did anything to license the tech for other companies to use.

Last edited:
This figures. Fernandes made some cool stuff over the years but I always knew that the whole "sustainer" thing was a lie. No company can be sustained indefinitely but I guess at least they tried.

IIRC, the Fernandes Sustainer uses the technology from Sustainiac. It was licensed. Steve Vai was using the Fernandes unit but switched to Sustainiac because the Fernandes one aren't very consistent. Sustainiac is working on a signature model for Vai.

Last edited:
Back