Fernandez guitars files for bankruptcy.

• Thread starter Thread starter rottingcorpse
  • Start date Start date
Always seen em around but never did pick one up. Seemed liked a good brand though.

BOSS should take on Ferdandes' debt. It would be a monster. Build a loyal consumer base for all things guitar gear related.

A friend of mine had worked for them making the guitars, setting them up, and even became a signed artist with them.

I remember he had a large number of their electric guitars and bass guitars.

They were some really easy playing guitars.

There was this one green guitar that I believe they had made for the Slipknot guitarist that sounded/played really killer.

It was a prototype and my buddy was able to keep it.

I think that I will have to give him a call to see if he still has that guitar and if he will part with it :)

I did purchase a few of their high-end bass guitars that were really easy to play and sounded really good and I still have them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't get picked up by another company. I think they're more prominent in other parts of the world. It's hard to guess thought whether a prospective buyer would keep the company going, or if they'd just want the name, IP, and a few other assets like that.

Just want to add that I had a Fernandes Revolver with the Sustainer and I really do think the Sustainer is the coolest guitar gadget out there

Wow, that sucks. I have a Fernandes Brad Gillis strat, and its great, plays as well as any super strat type I've ever played.

I still have a Fernandez 'Nomad' with the built in effects and all. Bought it around 2002. Although it eats 9v batteries like nothing else I've ever seen, it is without question the coolest travel guitar I've ever come across, and still works and plays great! I think Dave Navarro used a Nomad for a few song's on RHCP's 'One Hot Minute' record.
Sad news of the bankruptcy for sure!

Back