Boosted my Sunn Enforcer and testing out the GGD Contenders cab plugin

errrrrl

So Endtime from the guitargearforum recommended checking out the latest GGD cab plugin Contenders. I saw it on sale and was like.. ah fak, I already got 5 billion other IRS and cab sims, why not check out another.

I got to say, I really dig'em. I've been pretty content using York Audio bogner IRs for awhile now but still tweak little things here an there. But with the contenders pack, I was just using what ever presets and they all sounded pretty damn good and that master eq switch seems to do the hi lo cuts for you. I didnt tweak shit. So I used it the other day for riff challenge along with my Sunn Enforcer boosted by a Fortin modded TS9.... and Jackie Chan ftw!

i dont even know what this amp is, but i dig it. thick and burly while not being muddy and dark. you and endtime are the best :m17:

Thanks guys! Btw I've been messing around with using a RNDI box to capture between the amp and a Fryette PS100. It seems to have more of a fuller sound to me, but I've never actually compared it directly to just using the line out of a loadbox. Quick diagram below for anyone curious.

1721292173817.png

Thanks guys! Btw I've been messing around with using a RNDI box to capture between the amp and a Fryette PS100. It seems to have more of a fuller sound to me, but I've never actually compared it directly to just using the line out of a loadbox. Quick diagram below for anyone curious.

View attachment 324930
Interesting. I was about to tell you a DI box BETWEEN the power amp and Fryette is a disaster waiting to happen, but apparently the RNDI has a setting specifically for this. I'm not sure why it does, as that seems like a strange place to insert a DI box, but I'm intrigued now :LOL:

Interesting. I was about to tell you a DI box BETWEEN the power amp and Fryette is a disaster waiting to happen, but apparently the RNDI has a setting specifically for this. I'm not sure why it does, as that seems like a strange place to insert a DI box, but I'm intrigued now :LOL:
Right? I originally bought it as a di for clean tracking and or amp sims but had to try the speaker thru thing and ended up really liking how it sounded. There is nothing wrong with the PS100 for direct recording but I neves rndi just brings a different flavor.

Back