Best chorus pedals

Parap14

Looking for real world opinions. Not the same ole stupid reviews all over the web. I currently use a silver screw Japan Boss CE-2 from 80-81. Looking for something better. I appreciate any and all responses. Thx, Jim

Mooer Pitch Box. ‘De-Tune’ setting. -1 for 80s hair. -2 for Van-Hagar era EVH.

What you have is already very good. IME the best is the vintage CE-1. I’ve tried most of the heavy hitters including many of the boutique ones. This CE-1 imo sounds the most lush and beautiful. I’m still not a chorus guy or fx guy in general, so take it fwiw

You have a good analog, so I say go to the opposite end of the spectrum and get a nice digital multi-voice Chorus, like the TC Electronic Corona or Digitech CR-7 / Nautila

Best chorus I've owned is the MXR Stereo Chorus with reticon chip. Just sounds incredible. Big, fat and magical.

Next is the VFE Choral Reef. Mine has the Panasonic MN3008 BBD... and it has a 3-way switch along with a mix, depth, speed, feedback, and width pots. It's only next because it has so many tonal options.

All of that said, I still love the MXR micro chorus, and Boss CE-2. Heck, even the Analog Man chorus sound killer.

Loft 450 analog delay (rackmount) is KILLER for chorus. Watch the Sound Advice portion of that cheesy Hot Guitarist Video Magazine, the Vivian Campbell section.

Thanks for the replies so far. I appreciate it. I am looking for the smooth, creamy and subtle like the CE-2, but maybe with something that enhances it. I mostly use it for clean stuff. I am playing a Petrucci with both Piezo and magnetic(middle position) on. Something that is good for strumming chords and fattens things up more than the CE-2 which does ok. Looking for the next level. I have been considering the analogman chorus with mix control. No way to try one so I don’t know if that is an improvemnt. Looking to sound bigger if that makes sense.

Best chorus I've owned is the MXR Stereo Chorus with reticon chip. Just sounds incredible. Big, fat and magical.

Next is the VFE Choral Reef. Mine has the Panasonic MN3008 BBD... and it has a 3-way switch along with a mix, depth, speed, feedback, and width pots. It's only next because it has so many tonal options.

All of that said, I still love the MXR micro chorus, and Boss CE-2. Heck, even the Analog Man chorus sound killer.
What year range do you like the MXR Stereo Chorus from? You like it more than the original Boss CE-1? I haven’t had any keeper MXR pedals yet

Ready to dump mY MXR analog delay. Haven’t been able to get a “natural” sound from it. Sounds too shrill to my ears.

PastFX Chorus Ensemble. I've been through many including the Retro Sonic Chorus, Boss CE-2, CE2w....

The RS was my favorite until I got my hands on the PastFX.

What year range do you like the MXR Stereo Chorus from? You like it more than the original Boss CE-1? I haven’t had any keeper MXR pedals yet
The first year or so of the MXR stereo chorus has the reticon BBD. So that puts it around 80-81. People don't know that quite a few of the earlier models (and some of them with the Panasonic MN3008) have internal dip switches for line level and instrument level. I much prefer the line level, it sounds more lush and radiant.

Last time I played a CE-1 was 25 years ago. I cant remember exactly how it sounds. :ROFLMAO:

I love the Eventide Tricerachorus. It sounds great and it's stupidly versatile. Not just a tri-chorus, it emulates classic analog Boss-style chorus as well, and the delay time lets it be used as a flanger, doubler or slapback delay. And it has the classic Eventide Micropitch Detune effect built in as well, so it can basically cover every kind of chorus imaginable.

The first year or so of the MXR stereo chorus has the reticon BBD. So that puts it around 80-81. People don't know that quite a few of the earlier models (and some of them with the Panasonic MN3008) have internal dip switches for line level and instrument level. I much prefer the line level, it sounds more lush and radiant.

Last time I played a CE-1 was 25 years ago. I cant remember exactly how it sounds. :ROFLMAO:
Cool, I’ll have to check one out. In general I don’t really like chorus, but was impressed with the CE-1 I borrowed from a friend (better IME than the other Boss models). Would be cool to compare these 2

Back