Best chorus pedals

DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus...I've had this thing since my senior yr in HS, in 85. Works great. I also have a pair of SD3000s, which have great modulation. I use the DOD to split my line out signal into my WDW rack. When I turn the pedal on, set both SD3000s to Chorus, and Lexicon MPX1 to Detune, talk about a WET sound. Lol
Bon Scott..”It wasn’t….Coca Cola”

I have a big box ehx poly chorus I bought new about 25 years ago. It sound great and is capable of doing a lot of spaceship sounds. I don't use it with the band because of the size. But it really does sound great and versatile. Filter matrix, chorus, flanger and double track modes. A other classic BBD pedal.
I built a clone of one of these. Love that pedal. I just dont like how dark it is. It is really noticeable when used with gain. Really thick sounds though.

Me too. It jumped into my head as soon as I read the title. The different base settings on it are all very useable depending on what you want. I was trying a whole bunch of chorus pedals in a day between two stores and once I stepped on the Waza CE-2 it was an instant, oh yeah that’s it. It made everything else just sound flat, less rich. Plus I love the simplicity of two knobs.
I wish they would do a Waza BF-2/HF-2.

I built a clone of one of these. Love that pedal. I just dont like how dark it is. It is really noticeable when used with gain. Really thick sounds though.
It can do the extreme sea sick stuff better than anything I have seen. Seems to me BBD pedals are often dark. Definitely darker than most of them.

It can do the extreme sea sick stuff better than anything I have seen. Seems to me BBD pedals are often dark. Definitely darker than most of them.
Yeah, it gets really out there. Does all those crazy Nirvana sounds.

I know the original is not true bypass, so it probably darkens the tone and makes it less noticeable. Mine is true bypass, so when you kick it on, it is like you lose all your treble. It is way darker than my Small clone, or CE-2 clones.

Yeah, it gets really out there. Does all those crazy Nirvana sounds.

I know the original is not true bypass, so it probably darkens the tone and makes it less noticeable. Mine is true bypass, so when you kick it on, it is like you lose all your treble. It is way darker than my Small clone, or CE-2 clones.
Definitely darker than a CE-2. Nails the Nirvana sounds.

I also bought the big box Deluxe Memory Man, Electric Mistress and Qtron +. They sound excellent. But way too big to be practical. I still have them in the wood boxes.

Definitely darker than a CE-2. Nails the Nirvana sounds.

I also bought the big box Deluxe Memory Man, Electric Mistress and Qtron +. They sound excellent. But way too big to be practical. I still have them in the wood boxes.
I also built an Electric Mistress clone, lol. I thought about building a Memory Man clone, but man, it has some expensive chips and is complicated as hell. I didn't build a QTron clone, but I built a Mutron V Mini clone, so it is a less tweakable version of the same sounds.

I think EHX in general has some of the best modulation sounds.

I also built an Electric Mistress clone, lol. I thought about building a Memory Man clone, but man, it has some expensive chips and is complicated as hell. I didn't build a QTron clone, but I built a Mutron V Mini clone, so it is a less tweakable version of the same sounds.

I think EHX in general has some of the best modulation sounds.
Agree
The Electric Mistress is one of my favorite sounds.
The BOSS HF-2 is kind of similar. But the EM is the sound.

I've been using the Jacques Meistersinger for a long time and really like it both with clean and distorted sounds. Before that it was the Retrosonic. Just picked up an analogman to try out.

Let’s not forget you can get some chorus sounds from flangers.

spicoli-awesome-gif-gif.498593

I’m very interested in your opinion of “Bud Box” DOD pedals. Other than the 250 OD Preamp. Do you own any of the flangers, analog delays or chorus’ ?
I never owned the Bud box version of any DOD pedals. At one time I did own the chorus in the newer style box. I was a big preamp 250 user. Still have 4 of them. 🤣

I never owned the Bud box version of any DOD pedals. At one time I did own the chorus in the newer style box. I was a big preamp 250 user. Still have 4 of them. 🤣
I’m surprised given you’re such a big MXR guy. Very similar, the phasers flangers and the analog delays.

Thanks for all the chatter. Good info. For what I am looking to do with it the CE-2 is really close. The tricerachorus sounds interesting. Might have to try one of those. Any opinions on the analogman mini?
I dig the Analogman Mini Chorus. To my ears it's a rich, deep tone that can be set for a variety of sounds, including Leslie sorts. I usually use it for clean tones, but it's great with distorted tones too. It actually reminds me of old MXR phase shifters in that application.

Back