3rd Power Hand Wired Dragon 100 head

Not the Dragon but I gigged my Wooly Coats today for the first time and holy shit it was killer. Used a Pure Sixty Four 1x12 extension with it. Right amp for the right gig and everything, it won't replace my Wizard in the rock band, but it smoked that amp in the rootsy bluesy thing. Point being that the 3rd Power stuff is no joke, for sure I'm looking into their other amps now, very curious about the Dragon.

$4500 for the Dragon 100

Ouch, that's like 6K+ in CAD before duty and taxes.... I'd tweak a Ceriatone at that rate. Vintage I guess I can understand because of supply/demand/mojo but these amps now, getting silly. They U.S built amps?

Ouch, that's like 6K+ in CAD before duty and taxes.... I'd tweak a Ceriatone at that rate. Vintage I guess I can understand because of supply/demand/mojo but these amps now, getting silly. They U.S built amps?
Built in Nashville, Tennessee. Less than the Magnatone, Wizard.
The feature set on these amps is different and unique , so nothing is going to copy it.

When a 100w Wizard is going for 7k shipped all in from Canuckistan, 4500 is a good deal.
That’s for the KT150 version. The 100w Hell Razor is $6300 (still a lot), the MC and MTL versions a couple hundred less. So far besides a Rev 1 Uber, the other amps I’ve liked as much or more aren’t any cheaper, but of course are way more rare and no longer made

That’s for the KT150 version. The 100w Hell Razor is $6300 (still a lot), the MC and MTL versions a couple hundred less. So far besides a Rev 1 Uber, the other amps I’ve liked as much or more aren’t any cheaper, but of course are way more rare and no longer made
6300 + tax, shipping, customs etc. Still ends up around 7k.

It is what it is, if you want one you're gonna pay the price. But all things considered, 4K is about the average (or around there) for boutique amps these days.

6300 + tax, shipping, customs etc. Still ends up around 7k.

It is what it is, if you want one you're gonna pay the price. But all things considered, 4K is about the average (or around there) for boutique amps these days.
I wasn’t taxed iirc. I paid all in just under $6900 for the KT150 Hell Razor and the 100w version is a few hundred less. Pre-covid these were $1000 less brand new (for the MC and MTL). Still very expensive

My other favorite current made boutique amps I’ve tried are a lot more expensive (Alessandro AZZ series, Gjika, Ronin). It’s true $4k is about average for most boutique amps right now, but these amps mentioned have distinguished themselves enough to separate themselves from those amps and have been among my all time favorite amps I’ve tried even with all the vintage stuff that have also been my favorites

I don’t think any of these amps should be as expensive as they are, but what can we do. The demand for them (not for the Hell Razor) is about where the Blueface of Rev C is. For example, the launch model Ronin was $8k brand new and one sold on tgp for $20k. It’s only a 28w low pv amp, but the quality of tone itself is among the best of what I’ve tried. More of a blues, classic rock amp though

Last edited:
I've had a Kitchen Sink combo since early 2019 (ordered it on the first run during the middle of 2018). Love it and would easily push 3rd Power amps to anyone. I may order a Dragon combo when it is available.

I wasn’t taxed iirc. I paid all in just under $6900 for the KT150 Hell Razor and the 100w version is a few hundred less. Pre-covid these were $1000 less brand new (for the MC and MTL). Still very expensive

My other favorite current made boutique amps I’ve tried are a lot more expensive (Alessandro AZZ series, Gjika, Ronin). It’s true $4k is about average for most boutique amps right now, but these amps mentioned have distinguished themselves enough to separate themselves from those amps and have been among my all time favorite amps I’ve tried even with all the vintage stuff that have also been my favorites

I don’t think any of these amps should be as expensive as they are, but what can we do. The demand for them (not for the Hell Razor) is about where the Blueface of Rev C is. For example, the launch model Ronin was $8k brand new and one sold on tgp for $20k. It’s only a 28w low pv amp, but the quality of tone itself is among the best of what I’ve tried. More of a blues, classic rock amp though
What can you do? Don’t buy them… I guarantee you’ll see the price drop

What can you do? Don’t buy them… I guarantee you’ll see the price drop
It seems more than enough other people buy them that it wouldn't matter much and I wouldn't pay myself the prices that those amps go for now (not including the Hell Razor). I got the Gjika before covid for a small fraction of what they go for now, found a good deal used on the DAZZ and admittedly I felt irresponsible for the Ronin purchase, but obviously not anymore since seeing what they sold for used. The good stuff seems to usually work out well, while for most other stuff I tend to take losses on if I have to sell later

I'm not sure if anyone else here saw the SATCH and VAI concert but I got lucky in March and saw it at Pompano Beach , FLA. Satch used 2 3rd Power amps and 1 Marshall, and he sounded great. I was sitting about 30 feet in front of him so got the sound from the 3 4x12's and a bit from the PA. Anyway, you couldn't tell which amp was which as he used them all, but again he sounded great. A bunch of friends just saw him with the Van Halen thing up in Saratoga, NY and I wonder if he's still using the combination of amps ,or just the 3rd Power for that?

IMG_0661.jpg
IMG_0666.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if anyone else here saw the SATCH and VAI concert but I got lucky in March and saw it at Pompano Beach , FLA. Satch used 2 Marshalls and his new 3rd Power amp, and he sounded great. I was sitting about 30 feet in front of him so got the sound from the 3 4x12's and a bit from the PA. Anyway, you couldn't tell which amp was which as he used them all, but again he sounded great. A bunch of friends just saw him with the Van Halen thing up in Saratoga, NY and I wonder if he's still using the combination of amps ,or just the 3rd Power for that?
He was probably getting familiar w/ the new amp during the Vai tour, or since he was playing his solo material, he went with a mix.
This tour with Sammy doing VH material, this is the rig.

1722182223411.jpeg

Back