The LAST metalhead

Exo-metal

List as many you find worthy for high gain. Must be 50 or 100w and the most notable quality, it must be quiet. So quiet it impressed you at volume.

CCV. It stopped my amp hunt instantly. It’s high gain, so it had some hiss.

I have all the popular high gain Mesa Mark 2C+,++, Colosseum ++, Mark 3,4, Uber, Rectos, everything. the Cameron CCV was just THE amp.

I have all the popular high gain Mesa Mark 2C+,++, Colosseum ++, Mark 3,4, Uber, Rectos, everything. the Cameron CCV was just THE amp.
What style of metal you play ?

Enmity. I finished building it and it immediately sent metroamp 001 packing.

My Nick Aldrich with high B+ iron. It’s so high gain you can’t even get a clean tone rolling your volume knob back. It sounds amazing though. I’ll be adding a dedicated clean channel with its own tone stack and pre/master in the back with channel, solo boost, and a passive effects loop on/off bypass. I think the passive loop design in this amp sounds better than the metroamp loop in my enmity. @psychodave has played this amp.

Mesa mark III++ coliseum. It’s got more gain than my Bogner XTC and 180W of headroom. It’s a total monster.

theres no last amp for me. My Laney GH100s for example might not be my favorite day to day amp, but the occasions where im in a sabbathy sludge mood that is the best amp. if im doing galloping chugging its my iic+, if im doing 90s death metal its my vh140c... i plan on getting serious and actually recording a bunch of songs soon, ill probably use a different rig each song lol

theres no last amp for me. My Laney GH100s for example might not be my favorite day to day amp, but the occasions where im in a sabbathy sludge mood that is the best amp. if im doing galloping chugging its my iic+, if im doing 90s death metal its my vh140c... i plan on getting serious and actually recording a bunch of songs soon, ill probably use a different rig each song lol
Cool idea

your tones are legendary, the last amp i really want is a jet city mod of yours

Not that I need another amp atm but I just sold my white monomyth 2204 and I think I'm having seperation anxiety as it sits near the door lol

I still have some of the goods, Langner Marshall and DCP-1 preamp/VHT 2100-C and my IIC+/++ but after I spoke to Shea today for a while/always cool/he goes into the latest...DC heaters, modded zero loss fx loops and the rest of ideas/3,4,5 gs that inspire me to the next thing. So what is that!!?!?

CCV really is worth mentioning and I almost had the orange one from Namm in the yt clip but it wasn't one Mark built/tuned so I passed.

Probably as hard to find as a Cameron CCV, but the Carol Ann Triptik 2 is it for me. No boost, eq, or noise gate needed, super quiet even at really high gain.

No way is a boosted 2203 quiet at volume. I wouldn't start this thread if that amp made the list but it doesn't come close.

I got my modded Mark IV directly from Mesa back in the early 90s. Had a bunch a Mesa stuff thru the years and now down to Diezels and 3 Monomyth Marshalls.. While my others sound great, this Mark IV is just not only a killer sounding amp but versatile as all hell. Sometimes I get caught up chasing the latest great amp only to realize that I already own it. LOL I had a Rev.C #31 that I got the same time as my Mark and that left some years ago. From 92 to 24 and has never been on the block!

Probably as hard to find as a Cameron CCV, but the Carol Ann Triptik 2 is it for me. No boost, eq, or noise gate needed, super quiet even at really high gain.
Carol Ann amps make me so curious. Especially Triptik 2 and the like. Not much info on those sadly.

I got my modded Mark IV directly from Mesa back in the early 90s. Had a bunch a Mesa stuff thru the years and now down to Diezels and 3 Monomyth Marshalls.. While my others sound great, this Mark IV is just not only a killer sounding amp but versatile as all hell. Sometimes I get caught up chasing the latest great amp only to realize that I already own it. LOL I had a Rev.C #31 that I got the same time as my Mark and that left some years ago. From 92 to 24 and has never been on the block!
Modded Mark IV? Elaborate on that one please.

Back