The LAST metalhead

That is first time I hear about a modded IV, let alone in detail. Thank you sooo much!
Sure thing! I may have some gut shots somewhere on one of my pcs. If I can find them I'll either upload em or send them over to you. No promises, but I do remember coming across them not that long ago.

Sure thing! I may have some gut shots somewhere on one of my pcs. If I can find them I'll either upload em or send them over to you. No promises, but I do remember coming across them not that long ago.
If I only was qualified enough to understamd anything from those gutshots 😂

But would be great to have it posted and discussed here on RT 🔥

I get it....5153s ARE good amps, good values......we all measure the differences differently. I feel there's a bigger difference than you do. In the end, not many amps we talk about have a bad tone in them, at all.

Just knowing what Ted has, I think he's looking for some top shelf shit that is perfect out of the box.
Which is hard to find.
This is what being a gearhead is about to me. You'd think on a gear forum of all places there'd be more hunger for the coolest stuff we can find rather than just be content with "good enough" gear that we don't really need forums to learn about. Where's the excitement in that? I joined here in the first place to learn about amps I couldn't yet try, mainly Cameron's and Dar at the time or anything similarly special. Even being disappointed with some of them is part of the discovery of the journey. I'm not into cars AT ALL, but somehow I doubt on car forums guys are being told to just get the equivalent of a 5153

I prefer overall my Uber too (Rev 1), but I find what makes it special that I haven't been able to match yet in any other amp when AB'ed is the crazy lows (especially sublows) and it's efficiency in putting out sound, but I also only find it comes out at really loud volumes (global volume at least 1 o clock, ch volume also very high), otherwise it does sound pretty generic/mediocre to me in a similar way to most modern amps, but at volume none of my other amps shake the floor the same way when AB'ed or put out sound with as much efficiency (including the Coli's I had). I think the price is just from them being no longer made (for now at least) and not that many were made overall
Can't disagree. They're very high wattage amps considering what's out there and like I said i wasn't able to really get it cooking at excessive volume.

My good friend still has the Beta (he talked me into the purchase) knows his amps and will never part with it. His 2nd amp is some Engl Savage variation.

Off topic but also despite what others online say Michael is an awesome dude. Pretty sure he's never screwed anyone over at all. Amps was just the side hobby in his super busy life and just stopped responding to emails/orders afiak.

Can't disagree. They're very high wattage amps considering what's out there and like I said i wasn't able to really get it cooking at excessive volume.

My good friend still has the Beta (he talked me into the purchase) knows his amps and will never part with it. His 2nd amp is some Engl Savage variation.
Yeah I find more than most other amps I've had it really needs to be very loud. At low volumes I find it also often to be a bit dark and muddy. It mainly just has for me the most "muscle" I'd say of the amps I've tried. Other amps I have are superior I think purely in the tone department. Sorta like the Big Ramy of amps LOL

Engl's aren't my favorites, but some of them have some qualities I like about them

Yeah I find more than most other amps I've had it really needs to be very loud. At low volumes I find it also often to be a bit dark and muddy. It mainly just has for me the most "muscle" I'd say of the amps I've tried. Other amps I have are superior I think purely in the tone department. Sorta like the Big Ramy of amps LOL

Engl's aren't my favorites, but some of them have some qualities I like about them
I definitely find it interesting how amps can react so differently. For example I owned a 100CL and the sweet spot was loud and maxing the master volume and adding channel volume.

My Uber Ultra sounds perfect at low volumes but I'm still trying to dial it in really loud where it doesnt turn to mush.

Off topic but also despite what others online say Michael is an awesome dude. Pretty sure he's never screwed anyone over at all. Amps was just the side hobby in his super busy life and just stopped responding to emails/orders afiak.
I agree. He seemed very friendly from our brief email exchange and never asked for any deposit, but he took like 3 months to get back to me lol and I found a used one come up in the meantime. I think I heard he's getting a PhD

I definitely find it interesting how amps can react so differently. For example I owned a 100CL and the sweet spot was loud and maxing the master volume and adding channel volume.

My Uber Ultra sounds perfect at low volumes but I'm still trying to dial it in really loud where it doesnt turn to mush.
For sure. They all have their sweet spots. That's how my UL was also. With my Rev 1 Uber I like the ch volume up super high and the global volume lower. It also works really well at lower volumes. One of my best amps in that department (among many others for me)

I also felt that way with the Ultra I had. I think I remember also liking it's channel volume up higher, but not as much as on my Rev 1 and so I also had the global volume up higher, but it's been a while now since I had it

Whats a Beta?

This is what being a gearhead is about to me. You'd think on a gear forum of all places there'd be more hunger for the coolest stuff we can find rather than just be content with "good enough" gear that we don't really need forums to learn about. Where's the excitement in that? I joined here in the first place to learn about amps I couldn't yet try, mainly Cameron's and Dar at the time or anything similarly special. Even being disappointed with some of them is part of the discovery of the journey. I'm not into cars AT ALL, but somehow I doubt on car forums guys are being told to just get the equivalent of a 5153
«This Hyundai is so great for the money, you don’t need anything else, it has everything you could ask for in a car. Not even Koenigsegg will beat it in the price/features ratio” 😁

Back