The Pinnacle of Marshall Guitar tone

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
If you didn’t become a life long fan after hearing Victim of Changes on Unleashed in the East you were never going to like Metal period. Just vicious and beautiful all at the same time.

I'll take the first few Trouble albums. Always thought of them as benchmark marshall tones.
Haven't thought of that band in a long time. Saw them live once in a small club in Santa Ana (I think) opening for Heavy Bones.

Early Def Leppard does it for me as far as the Marshall rock tone goes.
I'd say it's just a slightly improved ac/dc tone really. The difference is probably just the pickups they used.

Early Def Leppard does it for me as far as the Marshall rock tone goes.
I'd say it's just a slightly improved ac/dc tone really. The difference is probably just the pickups they used.
Those two early albums do have some great Marshall tones on them and quite like AC/DC........:2thumbsup:

I think Kansas used Marshalls back in the '70s? I saw them twice, once before (small theatre) and once after (sports arena) Left Overture

Great thread and great tones all. That's part of the magic of a classic Marshall circuit. With some tweaks to the settings, so many of those classic tones are in there.

Steve Stevens' Plexis on the Rebel Yell album are damn near perfect.
For sure. His first solo album, Atomic Playboys, has some killer Marshall tones as well. (That's Thommy Price from Billy Idol on the drums.)

Hard to beat that opening tone on Mean Street. There's some studio sweetening to be sure, but that underlying foundation is such a beautiful Marshall tone.

Totally! That album has never let me down, even after 43 years.

Back