DAY 4 FROM THE ASHES A RT ADVENTURE RPG

• Thread starter Thread starter NowYou'rePlayingWithPower
  • Start date Start date

You take the manuscript to...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just an update everyone; Sorry, I haven't been posting the results to this. My desktop is having issues and has the game stuff on it, so waiting on a new mobo to install hopefully tonight or tomorrow so that I can post the results and continue. I know the results, but am trying to be 100% fair and accurate. Will "reboot" this as soon as I get it back up and running.
Is this part of the RPG?

@JustinCorrigible
@headlessdeadguy
@VonBonfire

Y'all have been resurrected on a side quest https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/cemetery-dates-a-rt-rpg-side-quest.313608/ . If you would like to rejoin the game, please make a choice from the OP of this thread. Since the poll is closed you can just put it in a comment here and we can continue the game. I'll give y'all till monday night, August 5th and then will proceed with the results and next event. Thanks and good luck, y'all!

@JustinCorrigible
@headlessdeadguy
@VonBonfire

Y'all have been resurrected on a side quest https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/cemetery-dates-a-rt-rpg-side-quest.313608/ . If you would like to rejoin the game, please make a choice from the OP of this thread. Since the poll is closed you can just put it in a comment here and we can continue the game. I'll give y'all till monday night, August 5th and then will proceed with the results and next event. Thanks and good luck, y'all!

I guess there's no coming back from dysentery.. 😢

I guess there's no coming back from dysentery.. 😢

I'm trying to get this back on pace, so you should be able to rejoin after 3 game days which I'll try to post monday, wednesday/thursday and friday/saturday. Sorry, I had everything for the game on my desktop which died and finally just got it back together. I just didn't want to have to do everything all over again. Also wanted to keep it fair in case I missed any small details by trying to redo it, if that makes sense.

One thing I can say is people who follow along whether playing or not will have a better idea at certain paths to choose in the future 😉

I'm trying to get this back on pace, so you should be able to rejoin after 3 game days which I'll try to post monday, wednesday/thursday and friday/saturday. Sorry, I had everything for the game on my desktop which died and finally just got it back together. I just didn't want to have to do everything all over again. Also wanted to keep it fair in case I missed any small details by trying to redo it, if that makes sense.

One thing I can say is people who follow along whether playing or not will have a better idea at certain paths to choose in the future 😉
I refuse to follow better paths

@sondoke @Monkey Man @MadAsAHatter

"We're not open just yet," The librarian says to you through the door. "But I've traveled from far down the street. Please just a moment of your time," you ask. "I have an interesting manuscript that survived a house fire. I thought if anyone could tell me the meanings on it, surely it would be you."

The door unlocks, and the librarian ushers you in and locks the door behind. "Tell me more," she says. "Well, I found this old looking paper among the ashes of home this morning. It seems important," you assure her. "So, your home burned down and the first thing you do is come to a public library to get an old piece of paper translated?" She says with a stern, yet confused glare.

"Well, I mea..." Before you can finish your sentence, she grabs it from your hands. "Interesting, hmm... yes, very interesting," she mutters. "You know what this is? Can you translate it for me?" you lightly beg.

"No, I actually have no clue. It looks like gibberish," she says while handing it back to you. "Now please, if you'll excuse me, I must get back to work. You're more than welcome to look around or use the computer to research what you have there, but please keep quiet. This is still a library, even if we aren't open.

You stand there for a moment, not entirely certain where to begin. Looking around the room you notice the restroom sign. "Better relieve myself before I get started. I'll probably be here for a while." You set the manuscript down on a nearby table and take leave.

You catch yourself looking in the mirror, as usual. The water; it's scolding temp breaks free your vain stare. Looking around "Damn, nothing to dry my hands off with." As you reach for the door knob, your hand seemingly starts to dry quickly on it's own. The door opens to the main floor.

You rush to the front door in an attempt to escape the ferocious blaze of the thousands of books surrounding you. "Fuck, it's locked!" you yell out as your final dying words.

The fire investigation puts the blame solely on you, and in your death you are known for the arson. The local metal scene is not impressed and quite upset at the librarian's death for she was a hot nerd. The kind you're frowned upon in death for killing. You are survived by the manuscript, as well as a green mushroom if you happened upon one in your adventure...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@DanTravis62

"Are you stupid?" Asks Elenore. "It's sheet music," she follows without giving you a chance to respond. "Is there anything else, or are you just here to voyeur?" LeStat asks in a voice that reminds you of exactly what you thought he would sound like; A pompous voiceover douche. You back out the front door slowly as they go into a somewhat inappropriate lust session. Given that there is an audience.

"Sheet music?" You think while looking down at the papers. "Well, I suppose that I should learn to play before auditioning for the band...." "Fuck! I should probably contact them."
You make your way to the nearest payphone...

-------------------------------------------------------------

@Smash

Before you have a chance to knock, the door seemingly opens itself. "Hello? Is someone here? I hope you don't mind that I entered. The door was open." You say loudly. "Was it?" an effeminate voice with a heavy accent replies. "I tend to remember locking it," she says.

You look to the direction of the sound and find yourself standing before what appears to be a strange looking witch. "That's not why you're here, though. Is it?" She wonders loudly while sorting through a shelf of trinkets.

"Excuse me? I don't really understand," you respond. "You aren't here to remember, but to eye the future, no? She says while seemingly ignoring your physical presence. "I'm not here to have my fortune told, I had actually thought you might know something about this ancient manuscript," you tell her while reaching out with your arm, papers in hand.

She stops and turn to you. "Ancient manuscript? Hand me the papers," she demands in a way that alludes to her occult heiarchy over you. As you hand them over she drops them to the ground at first touch. "Where did you get this?!" She asks while trembling. Before you can respond she demands that you leave.

"Take the manuscript and please don't come back here. I will have nothing to do with this," she says in fear. "But, I just..." "NO! GET OUT!" She interrupts. "I cannot help you. Please leave at once."

"Do you know who might be able to help me?" You ask. "Not even God can help you. I certainly want no part of this. Call a priest, or better yet call a taxi, you must leave now!" She demands.

"Call?" You say to yourself while standing out front.As you look around you see a phone booth and a sudden realization comes over you. "Fuck! I need to call the band and set up an audition. I can't believe that I forgot." The moment clarifies in your mind. You have yet to even learn your instrument. "Can't flake out," you say to yourself as you head to the payphone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@japetus

"Closed until further notice." The sign reads. "Damn, there must be another pawn shop on this side of town," you say to yourself. "Have you checked the phonebook?" A harsh voice asks you.
You turn to the voice to see a ragged old woman. "Homeless, drugs, prostitute, the works" you think to yourself.

"Oh, um, yeah thanks." You reply. "Hey, you got a cigarette?" she asks. "Um, sorry no," you reply back. "Got a dollar?" She asks. "Sorry I really am, but all I have is change for the phone," you inform her. "Got five dollars?" the heavy smoker voice continues. "Well, I don't even have the dollar," you tell her, whether you actually do or not.

"That's what they all say," she quips in moderate anger. Before you have a chance to respond you find her mumbling to herself while looking to the sky. You slowly walk away unsure if the conversation is over.

As you approach the phone booth it occurs to you that you have yet to contact the band and set up an audition. "No stores around to break change. Guess this is my one phone call."

Last edited:
None of the zombies responded. MM, I believe you had the green mushroom breakfast. So, that's eight lives down :ROFLMAO:
What do y'all think I should do about the zombie side quest members? I tried to notify the ones that were resurrected, but no response.

Dunno sis'; sorry.

I've had COVID for roughly 6 weeks (4 weeks, then 2 days later it came back, so another 2 weeks so far) so I've dropped off the radar in your quests I'm afraid. Had to prioritise my work here.

Happy to have a decent bout of the 'flu every other year so I've made no effort to stop it, FWIMBW. Cheapest decent detox I know of. :LOL:

@JustinCorrigible
@headlessdeadguy
@VonBonfire

Last chance to continue the current quest. Y'all are zombies. Blah blah blah. I'll let it slide, but last call.

You awake from the cemetery. https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/cemetery-dates-a-rt-rpg-side-quest.313608/
Seemingly dug up by yourself. Confused. The last thing you can recall was that you were supposed to audition for a band. You head for the cemetery payphone. Your choice is to make it to the payphone and call or fall back into a grave. Y'all have sometime after supper tomorrow (today) 8/8/24 to respond.

Dunno sis'; sorry.

I've had COVID for roughly 6 weeks (4 weeks, then 2 days later it came back, so another 2 weeks so far) so I've dropped off the radar in your quests I'm afraid. Had to prioritise my work here.

Happy to have a decent bout of the 'flu every other year so I've made no effort to stop it, FWIMBW. Cheapest decent detox I know of. :LOL:
Well, hope you get to feeling better. Not fun stuff. This is about to go a crazy direction soon, so play along as you are able if you want. You're more than welcome to win or forward any prizes that you do if you just want to play along for fun. You've made it this far... 🤷‍♀️ Luckily my desktop also got sick, so the quest has been down about the same time.

Back