Marshall 2203X VS 1985 2203 and Zakk Wylde 2203....video by 'THE COUNT'

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
H
harddriver
Here's the signal chain according to the video notes:
Re-issue from 2022. And how it compares to an original JCM800 2203 from 1985 & JCM800 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Signature Amp. With and without BOSS SD-1. Into Marshall 4x12 Vintage Cab

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Same amp except graphics.
Everything that guy demos sounds the same.
Same with that utube canuck with all the amps and his "IR's".

More exciting Marshall Jcm 800 soft tones and riffs 🥱

Once again confirming that Zakk tone is as simple as a SD-1 into a JCM 800. But is sure is a good tone.
It was . Don’t you think his tone was never as good as 88- 95 . Like the other albums after just sound crusty at times .

After Budokan 2002 Oz went down the crapper.

Both sound good.. original 80's version sounds a bit bigger and UGEr thanks to the transformers no doubt. I'd use any of them. SD-1 adds it's own color as well so really doesn't matter which one you had at your fingers.

Here's the signal chain according to the video notes:
Re-issue from 2022. And how it compares to an original JCM800 2203 from 1985 & JCM800 2203ZW Zakk Wylde Signature Amp. With and without BOSS SD-1. Into Marshall 4x12 Vintage Cab

Harddriver's man crush.. Fapping to The Count...
sgd-fap.gif

I mean, 2203s are great, but I cannot think of a more boring 2203 tone than those presented in this video

OH BOY ZAKK WYLDE TOANS EXCITING

OH BOY THEY SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME

I'm sure if they were completely cranked you could get some transformer difference but good lord it's a bit of a yawnfest aint it

Can someone please boost their 2203 with a treble booster? a TC? LITERALLY ANYTHING EXCEPT AN SD1 I BEG YOU FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST

Harddriver's man crush.. Fapping to The Count...
View attachment 330690
When you produce a good comparison video of different amps of interest with some good recording and playing skills I'll be happy to post yours.:2thumbsup:

But until that time you will have to make due with 'THE COUNT' Maybe his comparison videos will help keep you from buying the same amp for the FIFTH time.:LOL:

Can't really tell the differences in the room until you put the screws to them. That's when the original Dagnall/Drakes shine brighter. Unfortunately, those volumes aren't how these comps are done.
Cool vid though.
It was still cool to hear them in real time side by side.....I was surprised at how well the reissue held up against the 85 and Zakk 2203. I wonder if that 2022 2203X has the Vietnamese transformers?

When you produce a good comparison video of different amps of interest with some good recording and playing skills I'll be happy to post yours.:2thumbsup:

But until that time you will have to make due with 'THE COUNT' Maybe his comparison videos will help keep you from buying the same amp for the FIFTH time.:LOL:
We all have afflictions.. Yours just happens to be a homosexual obsession over The Count.

Man I’ve been looking for one for a while. Do you have any clips….?
Meh....I had one of the rare "1 of 18" Morin pre amps, ran it through my 800 FX loop, and a 120w Peavey tube power amp and while cool, it wasn't anything super special.
My 72, Nick mods, Camerons all had a better sound. I'm sure there are better Morin Marshalls out there but I consider my Morin experience fulfilled. I wouldn't overpay for one, that's for sure.

Back