I see a lot of new faces here

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
can absolutely express yourself here more comfortably. TGP does not allow open discussion and honestly borders on not allowing free speech. Not getting political, but being honest. There was a thread entitled "Is The Edge a Great Guitarist" and I responded that I thought he was ok, but not great, and I was reported for "artist bashing". It's ridiculous over there, enjoying this forum much more.

can absolutely express yourself here more comfortably. TGP does not allow open discussion and honestly borders on not allowing free speech. Not getting political, but being honest. There was a thread entitled "Is The Edge a Great Guitarist" and I responded that I thought he was ok, but not great, and I was reported for "artist bashing". It's ridiculous over there, enjoying this forum much more.
I replied to that Edge thread.
I commented that I’d rather pick on Bono.

I replied to that Edge thread.
I commented that I’d rather pick on Bono.
LOL I hear ya. That wasn't the only thing. There was a post going around on there about headless guitars and I once commented that I think they look terrible. I was temporarily suspended and contacted by admin saying I couldn't say things like that. Ridiculous man.

LOL I hear ya. That wasn't the only thing. There was a post going around on there about headless guitars and I once commented that I think they look terrible. I was temporarily suspended and contacted by admin saying I couldn't say things like that. Ridiculous man.
Did you see that tap tempo/delay thread?
That was a doozie!

Did you see that tap tempo/delay thread?
That was a doozie!
I didn't, what was the deal with that? I'm all for everyone being cool to each other, but folks should be allowed to express their opinions. I don't feel like the TGP allows that and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells over there.

There was a thread entitled "Is The Edge a Great Guitarist" and I responded that I thought he was ok, but not great, and I was reported for "artist bashing".

There was a post going around on there about headless guitars and I once commented that I think they look terrible. I was temporarily suspended and contacted by admin saying I couldn't say things like that.
Wow man, just... wow. :no:

Reactions: rsm
New member here!

I'm here because I want to finally join/participate in forum conversations instead of just lurk. I have recently started to build up my gear collection after taking a few years off to get my career going, so looking forward to a new chapter!

Newbie here also! I’ve never been an active member of any forums before ( unless reddit counts ) , but this place looks like a good community of folks that love a good chat about music/gear. I love all things guitar/gear related so figured what better place to stay up to date and share/learn.

Cheers!

Newbie here also! I’ve never been an active member of any forums before ( unless reddit counts ) , but this place looks like a good community of folks that love a good chat about music/gear. I love all things guitar/gear related so figured what better place to stay up to date and share/learn.

Cheers!
Welcome. What is your go to amp?
FYI - @Monkey Man is from down under too.

Welcome. What is your go to amp?
FYI - @Monkey Man is from down under too.
It depends what I’m playing but I love my Fender Supersonic combo, it’s a perfect tube clean amp to run pedals through and loud as a mf. I also love my Friedman ASM-12 for my digital gear, that’s also super loud and sounds killer.

Oh nice, G’day @Monkey Man !

Back