New Faces? Why are You Here?

• Thread starter Thread starter 311splawndude
  • Start date Start date
@metalmaniac93 don't be a stranger dude.

We only have 2 in the Sep '67 club that I know of. I'm sure there'd be more out there but hey, so far we're the exclusive members. :cheers2: :LOL:

Here because I wanted to PM a dude that posted in the classifieds and reg"d without realizing I needed 50 posts first 🫠

Edit: also, this...
"It’s nice to ask for a high gain recommendation and not get a tele into a deluxe reverb with a klon clone as the standard response."

Here because I wanted to PM a dude that posted in the classifieds and reg"d without realizing I needed 50 posts first 🫠
Welcome :cheers:

Please tell us your story and answer our obligatory newbie question.

What is your favorite amp and why?

Welcome :cheers:

Please tell us your story and answer our obligatory newbie question.

What is your favorite amp and why?
Thank you for having me! Short version is thus: Atlanta located, played a lot of noise over the past 30 years and am most proud of https://vostokprogramme.com. First 20 years I was a JCM 800 guy b/c DC and Athens (GA) 80s/90s tones. Past 10 years 100w Port City Pearl because I actually started using pedals and wanted something with the clean headroom that wasn't a Hiwatt!

Long time lurker - glad to join.
Guitarist, 40 yo, based in UK.
I like and have owned Bogners, CAE, Gower and older Mk Boogies (yes I have a 2C+ SRGX).
Fav overall amp the past few years is the Ecstasy 101b but I like to have a new Gower mod every 8 mo or so..
Best amp for no fuss recording (cut through, no faff during mixing) is my Mezzabarba Trinity el34.

Guitarwise, I've played a Tyler most of my 'pro' career, but would happily have a Luke 3 HSS as my one and only in terms of value for money and utility.
Producing my own guitar-oriented music as Ath Alex in spotify and apple music.

Most informative forum I've found when it comes to info on amps I like, like the ones mentioned above. Hope I learn more and get to contribute some.

Long time lurker - glad to join.
Guitarist, 40 yo, based in UK.
I like and have owned Bogners, CAE, Gower and older Mk Boogies (yes I have a 2C+ SRGX).
Fav overall amp the past few years is the Ecstasy 101b but I like to have a new Gower mod every 8 mo or so..
Best amp for no fuss recording (cut through, no faff during mixing) is my Mezzabarba Trinity el34.

Guitarwise, I've played a Tyler most of my 'pro' career, but would happily have a Luke 3 HSS as my one and only in terms of value for money and utility.
Producing my own guitar-oriented music as Ath Alex in spotify and apple music.

Most informative forum I've found when it comes to info on amps I like, like the ones mentioned above. Hope I learn more and get to contribute some.
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine :yes:

Just thought I'd add to the thread. I've been here since the very beginning (might be in the first ten RT members?) but haven't posted very often in recent years. In that time my gear collection has definitely grown (working in IT and having a huge line of 0% credit at Sweetwater and GC certainly didn't help!). I blame RT for my Landry as it was an RT amp meetup many years ago when I first got to meet Bill Landry in St Louis and hear his LS100. We were all floored by it.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have a problem.

This is the current family:

Amps and Etc
Friedman BE-50 Deluxe
Landry LS100G3
Bogner Goldfinger 45 SL
Dr. Z CAZ-45
KSR Gemini (previously owned by Joe Satriani, has the very first EQ mod on the back of the amp)
Friedman BE 4x12 (GBs on top and V30s on bottom)
Fryette PS2 as a load box
de Lisle Amp-Speaker Selector (great for switching between amps at my desk into the PS2)
Fractal Axe FX 3 (racked in my production desk, I use it both for the amp sims as well as a cab sim and FX for the real amp heads)
Fractal FM3 (IMHO the absolute best live gig purchase I've ever made)
Headrush 108 FRFR speaker

Guitars
Suhr Modern HSH
Nash T-63 (best Telecaster I've ever owned)
Fender CS Journeyman 60's Strat (best Strat I've ever owned)
PRS McCarty 594 Wood Library with Brazilian Fretboard (picked up for a song at CME during the pandemic when they couldn't sell anything, out Les Pauled the R8 I traded in to get it)
.strandberg Boden Prog 6 string (my daily driver, I love that guitar hard)
Caparison Dellinger FX-AM 7 string
Taylor 814CE
Yamaha FGX5 (the most sleeper of all sleeper acoustics, I believe everyone should own one. Best value / $ for any acoustic I've ever played, it is a bloody cannon in the low end without being boomy)
A custom build by me Prusacaster, with a 3d printed body, cheap Amazon neck, and Wilkenson/Gotoh telecaster bridge along with an EMG-T kit. Yes, it's a plastic guitar, and yes, it works and sounds great.

Cheers to all the new peeps :)

Last edited:
I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
Just joined. Noticed someone was having luck selling here and thought why not join.

Back