Best deoxit method

• Thread starter Thread starter acceptance
  • Start date Start date
acceptance
acceptance
I saw a recent recommendation to clean amp jacks for intermittent fade issues. What method do you guys use... Spray right in the jack or onto a plug and insert or what? And which deoxit (Or alternatives) ... The 5% spray? Thanks!

Penis only
Never vag
I use the D5 version

If you spray in the hole it will get all over shit. Every couple months or at least once a year I spray my man jack and gently jam it into all the holes I can find.

Get a guitar cable and some sort of bucket. While holding the guitar cable over the bucket, spray the 1/4'' plug with Deoxit. Rapidly insert/remove into any jacks that need cleaning. Let it dry thoroughly before attempting to use the amp. Note that this method becomes less effective as jacks loosen up over time.

If you spray it in the jack itself, you can't control where the Deoxit goes as well. I use the D5 spray that's readily available on Amazon.

Get a guitar cable and some sort of bucket. While holding the guitar cable over the bucket, spray the 1/4'' plug with Deoxit. Rapidly insert/remove into any jacks that need cleaning. Let it dry thoroughly before attempting to use the amp. Note that this method becomes less effective as jacks loosen up over time.

If you spray it in the jack itself, you can't control where the Deoxit goes as well. I use the D5 spray that's readily available on Amazon.
IMO - it will loosen over time and could even get damaged if you do it rapidly. I was somewhat kidding when I said "jam". I should have said gently insert and fuck the insert jack nicely like it was a virgin. You don't need a bucket either. I just use a towel or napkin. I wish I needed a bucket :lol:

It dries fairly quickly, so fast you don't really need to wait for anything. There are other electronics cleaners out there too, it doesn't have to be Dioxit. Just don't use WD40 or the like as those have lubricant oils in them that will in turn, not dry out and can actually attract and hold dust and dirt.

YMMV

I've blown screen grid resistors doing stupid stuff like spraying it directly in jacks and powering it up right after. That was an expensive mistake. It's why I now give it time to properly dry.

This. Works great; and definitely let the amp dry for 15 or more minutes just to be safe.

Do you all do pedals and guitars as well ? ! :oops: That's a lotta jacks.
Yep; I'd recommend it. At a gig 10 yrs back, I was getting some 'lower signal' issues and I bypassed my board for the rest of the night. Turns out the Decimator pedal had dirty jacks. Pedals oxidize too.

Spit on it, slap the side of your amp, and abruptly slide it in while telling her that she is a filthy bitch.......

Then use DeOxit D5 for best results. (y)
I do love it when the hotel only had a single when I’m travelling with my step-Boogie.

Don't forget to hit the rectifier sockets every once in a while, too. Often overlooked, but results in a tighter connection. :thumbsup:

I use a can of D5 with the mini-straw for focus and sound compression.

I spray the guitars with the LP style pickup selectors and wah/volume pedals. I usually let them sit upside down and right-side up so they can dry without hurting any internals.

I'd let it dry 5-10 minutes to be safe. The stuff dries fast, it's not paint.

As a former worker in a bio lab, I use 2ml reaction tubes that I fill half with deoxit. That way, I can put the jack-tip several times in the doexit and work all of inputs.
For the potis I use pipettes with yellow tips I cheaply bought used. 50 microliters per pot is enough.

Attachments

• IMG_9067.jpeg
    IMG_9067.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9066.jpeg
    IMG_9066.jpeg
    212.3 KB · Views: 19

Back