NAD: GZ Hellion

• Thread starter Thread starter gybe!
  • Start date Start date
gybe!
gybe!
Got in on the white faceplate action and upped the tone even more with the red head shell.

I have only had a few hours with it spread over a couple of days, but I am in love with this piece. Everything about it just works for me and what I am after. Enough variation from my fleet of Hermanssons as well, so believe this one is destined for the forever category!

I really need to up my cable management game (been moving crap around and it’s a mess now) and likely need to do some better overall storage/access solution for my amps. Think two of these are headed for the chopping block, but I also haven’t actually sold an amp in over five years so we shall see:scared:

Attachments

• IMG_8528.jpeg
    IMG_8528.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Love mine. Can get different tones and feels. Had mine 3-4 months now and am still finding new elements i like.

Congrats!!! I've had mine almost a year now and still so many things to explore. Swiss army knife of amps but so good at all of it. This amp marks the longest ownership of any amp I've ever owned.

On another note, recently acquired a GZ Dual Trem and can't stop playing it the last few weeks. It's simply incredible. Jeremy's work is top notch.

Love to hear how it compares to those others.

Haven't gotten much play time in with the Hellion yet and it has a million options BUT

The Hellion and the Skeleton Key can both get that modern klank dialed in if you want it but the Skeleton Key has it's own voicing going and has a mid range that seems to be a Monomyth trademark from the clips I've heard of Shea's various amps. The SLO and CCV have a million clips online so won't go into those lol

They're all great and so far I am loving the Hellion, just a great sounding amp.

Damn. I thiught you just had one bogner. Your amp game is strong
Well, the Uber Ultra is only a few months old. Also killer.
The XTC is my longest tenured; had it since 2009? Mark Cameron modified, green channel is the Shiva clean, red has been Cameronized.

I am thinking the Alta and Naylor are likely to hit the chopping block at this point. The Naylor does a couple things that the rest don’t, but I just don’t find myself gravitating towards it. Honestly, think the Hellion, Uber, and Hermansson PA will be in the heaviest rotation

Well, the Uber Ultra is only a few months old. Also killer.
The XTC is my longest tenured; had it since 2009? Mark Cameron modified, green channel is the Shiva clean, red has been Cameronized.

I am thinking the Alta and Naylor are likely to hit the chopping block at this point. The Naylor does a couple things that the rest don’t, but I just don’t find myself gravitating towards it. Honestly, think the Hellion, Uber, and Hermansson PA will be in the heaviest rotation
Yeah. I remember you getting ultra, but before that for longest time you had blue, i believe. I always wanted to try one. I had a twin jet, and it was impressive.

Yeah. I enjoyed the hellion and ultra. Would love to try a naylor and i hear so many good things about the Alta

Haven't gotten much play time in with the Hellion yet and it has a million options BUT

The Hellion and the Skeleton Key can both get that modern klank dialed in if you want it but the Skeleton Key has it's own voicing going and has a mid range that seems to be a Monomyth trademark from the clips I've heard of Shea's various amps. The SLO and CCV have a million clips online so won't go into those lol

They're all great and so far I am loving the Hellion, just a great sounding amp.
The Hellion and SK are very similar but can also be fairly different and do things/sounds the other can't.. I love both. The Hellion is far more versatile. All IMHO.

Love the voicing on the modern setting for down tuned stuff, like mixing a Mesa Mark with a Marshall or Hiwatt.

Back