🚨 cLiMaTe cHaNgE ! 🚨

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben Waylin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
XvOUx6k.jpg

If only.

I thought these guys were calling you Daniel in reference to something that they thought was gay/funny.

I’m guessing it’s because my YouTube clips have my name as Daniel. Sort of like the flannel pants comments.
I’m not 100% on that though. Lots of people call me Daniel IRL

Last edited:
A more accurate and useful noaa graphic
Looking at only 10 years is pretty pointless

View attachment 242567

You should also brush up on the Montreal Protocol to see how human activity actually affects the climate, good and bad

Looking at the last 100-150 years is just as pointless. 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years is only the tiniest of data sets as far as global climate is concerned. I'm not saying humans have 0 impact on the climate, but you have to look at the geologic timeline to truly understand climate changes.

From your same source climate.gov...
As you can see from the graph, on a geologic time scale we are actually in one of the coldest points in the earth's history. And temperatures for most of earth's history have been warmer than today.
For reference so no one has to look it up 500 mya is roughly the beginning of the Paleozoic era

Edit to add a little extra info...
On this time scale average global temperature is a little over 70 degrees F. Today we're sitting around an average of 60 F

1693408765347.png

Looking at the last 100-150 years is just as pointless. 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years is only the tiniest of data sets as far as global climate is concerned. I'm not saying humans have 0 impact on the climate, but you have to look at the geologic timeline to truly understand climate changes.

From your same source climate.gov...
As you can see from the graph, on a geologic time scale we are actually in one of the coldest points in the earth's history. And temperatures for most of earth's history have been warmer than today.
For reference so no one has to look it up 500 mya is roughly the beginning of the Paleozoic era

Edit to add a little extra info...
On this time scale average global temperature is a little over 70 degrees F. Today we're sitting around an average of 60 F

View attachment 242582

That certainly shows the natural shifts in climate, which I don’t think anyone is denying.
“climate change” is about the drastic (i.e. unnatural) rise in temps corresponding to the Industrial Revolution and the effect of humans creating exponential amounts of carbons into the atmosphere.

We may very well be in the middle of a “natural shift” as well, it that does not change that we know how much of these chemicals we are introducing in to the atmosphere, we know what their effect is on the climate, and we know that our ways of life are affecting the planet’s climate. That is what “climate change” is about.

People dramatize it for catchy headlines and to make people aware, but the bottom line, dead simple point is that our actions alter the planet, and people need to understand that. It’s very simple

Last edited:
That certainly shows the natural shifts in climate, which I don’t think anyone is denying.
“climate change” is about the drastic (i.e. unnatural) rise in temps corresponding to the Industrial Revolution and the effect of humans creating exponential amounts of carbons into the atmosphere.

We may very well be in the middle of a “natural shift” as well, it that does not change that we know how much of these chemicals we are introducing in to the atmosphere, we know what their effect is on the climate, and we know that our ways of life are affecting the planet’s climate. That is what “climate change” is about.

People dramatize it for catchy headlines and to make people aware, but the bottom line, dead simple point is that our actions alter the planet, and people need to understand that. It’s very simple

I would say climate nazi's trying to push their agenda are denying it.

Thing is though, there is more than enough evidence to show that a number of species had effects on climate in the small scale. There's even evidence that during their reign dinosaurs caused earth's temperatures to rise from their gaseous releases of methane; burps and farts. <- Not trying to be silly here, there are scientific papers on this. I'm not denying that humans affect the climate on a small scale timeline, We may be releasing greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere, but no more than to the extent that other species have through geologic history. The only difference is the mechanism.

I will agree that people are dramatizing it as a scare tactic to push an agenda. Both sides like to use little snippets of facts that fit said agenda. A perfect example of how to lie with statistics. The fact of the matter is humans are not triggering a runaway greenhouse affect; no more than algae did in the past. There are always going to be localized (time wise) climate swings. On the true scale that all of this should be evaluated on, it's all pretty normal.

I would even go as far to say that humans as a species are pretty damn arrogant to think that we have such a profound affect on the climate that we would destroy the planet for all time; as the narrative goes.

Last edited:
I would even go as far to say that humans as a species are pretty damn arrogant to think that we have such a profound affect on the climate that we would destroy the planet for all time; as the narrative goes.
I somewhat agree with this. We cannot destroy the planet. We can only make it less habitable for ourselves, which we are doing a very good job of. The air sucks, the water sucks and our food pretty much sucks too.

But follow the hole in the ozone layer. That was that hot topic a while back. It is clearly shown how big the hole was, and how much smaller it has gotten since protocols have been put in place. It shows that we can both cause harm, and repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back