1971 Superlead back to stock quick clip.

• Thread starter Thread starter marshallmel
  • Start date Start date
marshallmel
marshallmel
Turned out pretty killer. Sounds much better than it did before I sent it out to Dave. Ended up replacing the power and standby switches, cleaned up the wiring around the transformer, undid the master that was poorly installed by mystery tech and did his version of the PPIMV.

Nice! I'm guessing some pretty good Jimi/Stevie tones are available at the flick of the pup selector to the neck. Enjoy in good health!

Nice! I'm guessing some pretty good Jimi/Stevie tones are available at the flick of the pup selector to the neck. Enjoy in good health!

Yep! I love single coil tones. Especially when someone else is playing. I can’t quite make em sound right.

Yep! I love single coil tones. Especially when someone else is playing. I can’t quite make em sound right.
There must be an echo in here. I love them too, they just don't love me back. Used a strat into a big plexi RI for many years. They are great rigs but very demanding to gig with IME.

There must be an echo in here. I love them too, they just don't love me back. Used a strat into a big plexi RI for many years. They are great rigs but very demanding to gig with IME.
I struggled with replacing the bridge pickup in this strat. I’d hear everyone else sounding killer with their SSS Strats and damn it if they can do it then so can I. That lasted about 15 minutes. 😂

That sounds real tough. Dave knows his stuff! I dig it. Good to finally hear a decent example of the Duncan Billy Gibbons Red Devil pickup, too. Thanks!

Nice!

I'd go totally stock; no MV...but that's me. I like a pedal or two in front...a good Distortion pedal will act as a MV.
Great amp!! My fav amp of all time...early 70s Superlead.
Can't go wrong.

Nice!

I'd go totally stock; no MV...but that's me. I like a pedal or two in front...a good Distortion pedal will act as a MV.
Great amp!! My fav amp of all time...early 70s Superlead.
Can't go wrong.
This master is completely out of the circuit when turned all the way up. I’m going to do a few clips with the master out of the equation and some pedals up front.

These are the answer. I’m not sure why they’re not standard on all stand up transformers
IMG_0551.jpeg

https://shop.amppartsdirect.com/products/marshall-style-support-mounting-brackets-apd-8036

Back