2023 music year in review!!

• Thread starter Thread starter RaceU4her
  • Start date Start date
If I’m going straight off of my wrapped Spotify…

1. ZZ Top
2. Tears For Fears
3. MxPx
4. Tupac
5. Goldfinger

I use my Spotify for when I have company over and let people put on what they want.

My personal top 5 most played for the year off of memory I would say is

1. Queens of the Stone Age
2. Metallica
3. In Flames
4. Periphery
5. Ghost

And MP3's/WAV/etc. That said, I'll often hop over to youtube to listen to music logged out and loaded to the eyes with various ad/sponsor/etc. blockers as a stopgap until I own the thing I want to listen to. And the algorithms don't seem very good, back when I was actually using the platforms. I'm pretty picky with music, and I'm not aware of an algorithm that can find me the same sort of music I'd think is good. They all seem to go by aesthetics, but maybe that's changed.

yeah i think the algorithms are better now, i know i make a new playlist which each season in spotify and underneath is a "recommended" song list that is basically all stuff i never heard and i usually like most of it.

its very easy to get comfortable and kind of "locked in" to the technology of a certain era. You older guys talking about not trusting your data with so and so company, or not using spotify out of principle, i totally get it. us old farts know streaming is another instance of trading quality for convenience, but it is what it is. i got locked into hoarding MP3's in the early 2000's, and just stayed with that until like 2019 when i finally gave up and got spotify premium. I was storing music on my phone, or playing mp3s or flacs off my laptop from winamp until like 2015. as far as identity theft or a company having my data. WTF cares at this point. if someone tried to steal my identity, they'd just get frustrated with finances and give it back.

Back