2x12 Cabs don’t get enough credit

• Thread starter Thread starter Bxlxaxkxe
  • Start date Start date
B
Bxlxaxkxe
Amp ho
Just plugged into some 2x12’s for the first time in a long while. Good lord man I miss this. Yes the 4x12s are bigger, richer, more room filling. But the TONE that is gettting squeezed out of these 2x12s is so good and so honest. The mids are amazing. 2x12s should really get more credit for what they can bring to the table.

Thinking of it like this- Sure a recto has more low end and sonic space than a marshall, but the Marshalls mids are magic. Rough analogy but you get the point

Just plugged into some 2x12’s for the first time in a long while. Good lord man I miss this. Yes the 4x12s are bigger, richer, more room filling. But the TONE that is gettting squeezed out of these 2x12s is so good and so honest. The mids are amazing. 2x12s should really get more credit for what they can bring to the table.

Thinking of it like this- Sure a recto has more low end and sonic space than a marshall, but the Marshalls mids are magic. Rough analogy but you get the point
A pair of Mather vertical 2x12's have been my primary cabs for several years now. Might consider a 4x12 for a permanent fixture at home but no way would I consider one for regular gigging simply on a moving it around factor alone (fuck the 'caster' argument, casters don't get it up or down the stairs hahaha)

I've had a Peavey MC 2x12 with G12K85s for around 14 years. I don't have an amp to plug into it. Sounds glorious.

:whistle:

Just bought an Orange ppc212 close back. It pains me how heavy that monster will be on my back upstairs.

What 2x12 are you referring to? They’re not all created equal

Big fan here as well. Own 4 of them, all 24"(60cm) wide.
Ideal size for tone vs weight.

I found one at a tag sale for $75, it is nice. I don’t even know what speakers came in them
Nice humble brag right thurr LOL

It's been years since I've ever gotten a deal like that. I guess I don't aggressively hunt like I used to. My friend just picked up a flawless Technics SL1200 turntable for $40 from a yard sale 3 weeks ago. I need to stop being lazy and wake my ass up to swap meets and yard sales again.

It's been years since I've ever gotten a deal like that. I guess I don't aggressively hunt like I used to. My friend just picked up a flawless Technics SL1200 turntable for $40 from a yard sale 3 weeks ago. I need to stop being lazy and wake my ass up to swap meets and yard sales again.

Ha, yeah I stopped at a yard sale to look at a component system and some big old 3 way speakers, walked out with a g flex 2x12 lol

Damn that was a great deal, i wanna get a SL1200 but everytime i come across one used its in terrible condition or people ask too much.

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite.

2x12s get all the credit while everyone shits on 4x12s and companies stopped making them.

I think most cabinets have uses that work, though there is really no substitute for a 4x12 for heavy loud stuff - no matter WHAT speakers are in the 2x12. Some of the oversized 2x12s get close, like the bogner, but at that point its so big there isn't much difference between that and a 4x12.

Back