Adam looking for...

• Thread starter Thread starter boba fett
  • Start date Start date
Found some info for you guys.

Adam Jones Diezel Specs.

Adam was my very very first customer in the USA!!! His amp is one of the very
first VH4´s we ever made. The difference to any later versions is mainly that we have used some ceramic capacitors that Peter replaced
against WIMA type capacitors later on ( which are apparently better and deliver less tolerances )
So this blue amp is constantly on the road for 20 years now and never failed!!!!

The power tubes are Chinese 6L6GCMSTR (Ruby) with more bottom end compared to the standart 6L6GC-BSTR.
The blue face sounds way too dark but Adam loves it.

The pickups are not at all high output pickups. Also his gain settings are moderate too.

Peter S.

Adam Jones Marshall Specs.
Its a 1959 late 70s with jj el34s and chinese preamp tubes. It is super lead spec w/ 100k feedback on the 4 ohm tap it has a .68 cap for the presence and a .68 for v2 also the caps out of v1 are both .022s. The amp is biased to 25ma and he jumps the channels with a cable. Dave Friedman

kahawe":3wkud6bd said:
Rule #1: just don't listen to anything Adam says about gear because he is most likely trolling anyway ;D

Still my favorite quote about "dressing like pirates" :D

:rock:

$(KGrHqQOKnME52NRU9wTBOl446DTqQ~~60_12.JPG

Yeah, Peter Stapfer didn't say anything about the VH4 being modded. I've read repeatedly that his Super Bass is "modded" to Super Lead specs like what Friedman said.

LukeCurd":xvq8hq5h said:
kahawe":xvq8hq5h said:
I wonder what's special about the old specs?
The old bluefaces were "darker", lacked some treble... afaik there was a change for that in the silver ones and after that, just minor adjustments. But adam is (at least) running a SuperBass alongside anyway. Plus his blue was modded, I guess he just wants the real deal, the same amp... I've heard he is super paranoid about his chain - like he wouldn't even really take some suggestions from SOMEONE who should really know and serviced that thing.

Depending on how much he had it modded and what might have happened, maybe he wants/needs a replacement or backup?

Sounds like more negative feedback in the power section? Stiffer Filtering?

I don't see the blue in this video but he his marshall tone is epic. Sounds kinda like the Friedman Naked but more raw and up front. Maybe plexi style filtering. The channels look jumped but he has more gain than a stock parallel plexi I thought. I think the Dual rectifier fills out some bottom end but I don't hear it very loud in the mix. Its probably just getting crushed by the marshall.

Nah, his Super Lead is just like any other JMP. I built a Metro clone to those specs and it sounds just like the sound you hear on Undertow (which was just his Marshall). Every other Super Lead I've played sounds pretty much the same when you crank it. Just need .68 presence cap, 0.022 caps in V1 and V2 and .68 caps in V1/V2, plus the right NFB values. And that's it. Pretty standard stuff.

Back