Addendum to the Axe FXIII thread: Does this unit really cop good tones?

• Thread starter Thread starter nightlight
  • Start date Start date
nightlight
nightlight
A simple test. Here is Lamb of God's "Omertà", as on Youtube.

And here is a test mix I did using YouTube drums and bass and the Mark IV amp on the Axe FXIII:

Apologies for the difference in volume, I didn't account for that when I was mixing and the drums and bass were really loud.

What do you think?

I don't think it sounds close, in all honesty.

The mids in your guitars sound too up-front. Too vocal. The original isn't like that. Also missing a lot of agression in the highs that the original has. I think part of that is half the mix, half how you're playing the song. Sounds/looks like you're not picking very hard, hence the lack of agression. But it also has to do with the tone dialed in too middy/vocal/lo-fi and no aggro enough.

JMO. I don't mean to come off as super negative, but I do feel it needs more work.

Thanks, guys. From the comments, I’m guessing that what everyone wants is a more aggressive high cut filter like the original track, and more guitar volume. Here is another mix, without video.

PS: Most of the tone on the original track is the bass, @RaceU4her . Can't do much about that, but I tried to mix it with the guitars higher up.

Do note, I had no control over the drum and bass track. I downloaded it from YouTube.

Weird, the Soundcloud video I posted on the Fractal Audio forums sounds so much more defined. Have a listen:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/can-the-axe-fxiii-cop-lamb-of-god-tones.206080/#post-2571203

Can @Monkey Man and other mods looks into this? Really weird? It's so gritty on the Rig Talk forums, unlike how it sounds on the Fractal forums.

How queer.

Last edited:
@Monkey Man Thanks. Could you look into the difference in audio quality on the different forums, as I posted? Weird. That shouldn't be happening.

Almost as though the Shiteratti are working as we speak :ROFLMAO:

@Monkey Man Thanks. Could you look into the difference in audio quality on the different forums, as I posted? Weird. That shouldn't be happening.

Almost as though the Shiteratti are working as we speak :ROFLMAO:
IMO the tone is brighter and a bit more cutting on the Fractal forum. Killer tone!!

Perhaps. Personally I prefer the more haunting mids we got over here at RT.

To each his own. I preferred the clinical precision and tight low end I heard at the Fractal Forums. But I'm tone deaf.

At any rate, it shouldn't be happening. It is the same streaming site after all.

Also, please note that I am playing this track in D standard, and not drop D.

Anyhoo, just wanted to show that the Axe FXIII is a great tool in the studio. My tones suck most of the time, this is one of the times I got lucky.

Yeah, there shouldn't be any difference AJ.

Posted links and embeds are simply pointers to the original host so things should in-theory sound the same across audio forums.

SM platforms may be different but I wouldn't know anything about them, having never joined any of them. Wouldn't trust 'em as far as I could throw 'em, so colour me sceptical.

I wonder how it would sound on Tan Pants?
I was banned on the Tan Pants forum by Scott Peterson, the Axe FxI/II God. This is what he sounded like:

Scroll to the end to look at his signal chain. Malarkey.

I got banned for posting this picture of Bruce Springsteen. Guy is a closet homophobe and a racist too, I’ll wager. I have no respect for him or those forums.

Bunch of repressed and angry faggots.

IMG_5760.jpeg

I'll never forget the time I was banned from Tan Pants for posting a pic of me kissing Don Lemon.

:)

Back