Alex Van Halen 1st Interview Since Ed’s Death

• Thread starter Thread starter PurityS.L.G
  • Start date Start date
Mike is and was a phenomenal bass player. He’s every bit on the same iconic level as say Page/Jones, Tony/Geezer or Tommy Shannon/SRV… a bass players bad player.
Mike is a fantastic bass player. I mean that he always came off as the "normal" guy in that band. I have always had mad respect for him.

Mike is a fantastic bass player. I mean that he always came off as the "normal" guy in that band. I have always had mad respect for him.
He does seem to be the most humble.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...van-halen-brothers-book-interview-1235129960/

Figured you guys would appreciate this. Quite a perspective I must say. Lots of good info.

My biggest take away is Diamond Dave can fucking eat a dick. Why on earth would you ever disagree and flip out on displaying an Ed slideshow during your shows to pay tribute to arguably THE single biggest piece of the band? Pantera doesn’t seem to have any problems with paying tribute to their fallen members every show. Daves has always been about Dave. I’m sure the Dave dick riders will disagree and call me out. I welcome it…
Thank you, I'm trying to get a ticket to the book signing Oct24 in LA.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

That is a FACT, the early VH is a monster.
Mowing lawns in Cali summer 1983 I must have played VH 1 and FairWarning 2 trillion times a piece.
Early VH was a monster. I've said before I saw them smoke Sabbath off the stage in '78. There was nothing like that at the time. An amazing tight show. Long before the in-between tunes Roth rants.

Lucky, I did not get to see them until 1980.
The 78 and 79 Toyrs must have been like an alien stepping out of his spaceship for the first time.

Ed spent a lifetime screwing people over especially his bandmates and never made that right.
IDK why anyone would think everything is roses just cuz the guy died.

Was honored to be a 'seat filler' playing with Roth and Alex was pretty awesome! Thought we sounded pretty good, we were set to do NYE gigs in Vegas the end of that year, who knows what could have happenned, At the time Alex was pretty happy with my playing I thought we grooved pretty well together!

Because it sounds like such an epically dick move, would like to hear DLR’s version of the Ed tribute thing. Even for a narcissist like Dave that’s pretty cold.

Back