Amp Switcher

Metlupass2

Now that I've somehow accumulated a number of amps and cabs is the KHE the way to go or should I be looking at something else?

I was thinking the 8x4 and a Fryette Power Station to use to share the FX loop for all.

KHE is excellent. I'm sure there are other great switchers out there but I've had a KHE 8x4 for a couple years now and it's never given me a minute of trouble, even using MIDI to swap settings around quickly.

"KHE -> reactive load -> reamper" is a great way to run things, too. I route a Suhr RL into the Cab 1 slot of the KHE and swap my amps around that way. Works great.

KHE, DeLisle, Ampete, and Kahayan are the 4 main ones. All are top quality so it's really more a matter of price, features, and your needs.

Personally I went with DeLisle. They have the most models to choose from. I felt I got the most for my money and it covered everything I was wanting. I've had my 8x8 Deluxe for several years now and my 12x12 Deluxe for about a year. No issues with either of them.

I've got the DeLisle 4x4 v2, and it works great. I'm sure the others are fine too, I've just only every used the DeLisle.

Having had KHE and DeLisle, the big thing the KHE brings is nearly instant switching between any amp or cabinet. It’s like the difference between an old rotary tv knob vs a real remote. The KHE also has some safety features in how it reacts to problematic setups (e.g. automatically muting when it detects miswiring) that I appreciate. I sold the delisle and am 100% KHE now.

A less widely known option are the N-audio switchers, I´ve had a prototype rack version of his small dual switcher for five years with no issues. Can´t say if it´s any better than some of these others, but might be worth checking out.

I got an Ampete 4x4 which is great but seems KHE is the new guy in town, and a bit cheaper too I think.

+1 for the Ampete. Very solid and flexible as well. For me the winner for the 444 was the integrated line out and power supply (KHE have an unusual 15V power consumption which most power supplies don't have)

Have had a Delisle for a while now 8x6 w/ built in attenuator, etc. I did not really need footswitching, and wanted to be able to do FX loop switching; super happy w/ it.

My issue is I have an ampete I don’t get why no one makes one where I can run multiple heads and cabs. The quality of the ampete and Khe are good.

You're Hawaiian what do you know about gear anyways besides the ukulele?
Now that was just mean.

All a Hawaiian wants to do is surf.
Doesn't ask for a holiday or cry, bitch and blame others for their problems.
And play his Ukulele thru a Mark2C++

:LOL:

My issue is I have an ampete I don’t get why no one makes one where I can run multiple heads and cabs. The quality of the ampete and Khe are good.

It doesn't exist because such a device would require a real routing matrix able to handle high current instead of simple relays. That would be much more difficult and costly to implement.

Back